PDA

View Full Version : Wade C-101FM

mwdxer
09-02-2015, 05:17 AM
I finally found something that may work out, but I cannot find any reviews on it. It is made by Wade Electronics out on Ontario. They have 2 FM Yagi's, a 5 element at 79 inches, so a bit longer than the FM6, but the one that caught my eye is their C 101FM with 10 elements at 148 inches. It is build to handle winds. However, it weighs 34 pounds! I e mailed them to find out the cost. They do have distributors in the US. It is a commercial antenna so I am sure it is not inexpensive. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

Danny
09-02-2015, 09:36 AM
After looking at the spec sheet for that series of antennas, all I can say is that the antenna is built well.

It is longer than a CM Stereo Probe 9 but much shorter than the APS-13.

Keep us informed about what you do.

Gary Hickerson
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM
MW
I pointed out, this antenna, many Posts, ago, but it was shot down (specs, price, etc.). I really don't think, you can get there from here, as they say ! We are in an "antenna famine"....

Gary H.

mwdxer
09-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Well, I heard from Wade and are you sitting down? $862.00!!! So the better part of a Grand not counting the cost of shipping. Gary, you are right. This was my last shot of "anything" I could find. Of course the antenna weigh's 34 pounds and is built like a battleship and the forward gain is good, the F/B is in the 20s, so not terrible. But again very expensive. I do not know if she was quoting Canadian or American dollars with the Canadian dollar being worth 30% less now. But still an expensive antenna. Again, unless we are willing to pay plenty, Brian is right we have to build our own. I am still going to be working on trying to stack the two FM6's and see if I can gain anything. On paper, I should, but in reality who knows? That 7 element yagi online with detailed directions, that is 95 inches in length is better than the FM6, giving 1-1.5 DB more forward gain and better F/B, in the 30s. That looks easy to make. I may work on that in the future. Unless something bigger shows up in more detailed plans. It is hard just to give up. :-)

Gary Hickerson
09-02-2015, 06:29 PM
MW,
Talking of, building, your own. Check out the cover of March 2013 issue of VUD. Bill Malona, from Colo., build an exact copy of the CM Stereo Probe 9 ! What a great job, he did. I don't believe he is still a member, so I'm not sure how you would contact him. I had to ask Mike B., which issue it was on. There are no details in that issue, just a cover picture.
That, would be worth building....
Gary H.

Gary Hickerson
09-02-2015, 06:32 PM
The Wade C 101, makes the Kroner 9.2, sound, cheap !

Gary H.

Damon Hill
09-02-2015, 07:56 PM
And the Korner has better specs.

mwdxer
09-03-2015, 01:44 AM
True, But getting a Korner to North America is a feat on its' own. The company would sell several in one shipment, but not one. I would guess the shipping to North America would be expensive. The price of the Korner 9.2 is not bad, but it is the shipping that kills it. If a half a dozen DXers wanted one, something may be able to be worked out. Or if we knew a European DXer well enough to look into the shipping cost, it may be possible . I am just guessing the shipping would be prohibitive. I have no clue.