PDA

View Full Version : Ch2-6 DTV

mglass1646
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I was informed yesterday by a local electronics shop guy that there will be no low band (2-6) DTV after analog shuts off, but there will be high band (7-13). Anyone have info on this? Forgive me if my friend or I are working with outdated info. Thanks.

cd637299
06-01-2007, 06:18 PM
As one who loves to DX out-of-USA TV DX, I wish that what they guy told u were true....unfortunately, it isn't. Channels 2-6 will have DTV signals as well...many are on now. A DXer in KY was the first to log a DTV on ch 2 via Es, about 3 years ago.

125 miles SW of me, in Key West FL, ch 3 is being used for DTV now, although I do not think it is in operation all the time.

I do believe, at the start of the layout for DTV, 2-6 were indeed to be pulled off, but that changed...and likely it is because it takes less power on those channels to get similar coverage as hi V & U.

w9wi (a member) can tell you volumes.....I am still a novice at DTV...I just bought the WinTV card for my PC, and that's my only digital TV.

All I know is, my local WPBT-2 needs to stay on its digital channel in '09!

cd

mglass1646
06-02-2007, 12:33 AM
I am sure there's a lot of old information going around.

I also have WinTV, but I use the HVR-950, which is a USB unit. It is ok, but I cannot find the diagnostic mode I hear people talk about. How can I get there? Also, is there any third party software that would give me more options? Thanks.

cd637299
06-02-2007, 01:37 AM
That's the model I have (I have a laptop PC). I dunno about the diagnostic mode.... www.hauppauge.com is all I can suggest.

cd