PDA

View Full Version : Foreign test / info cards taken from FTA satellite TV

KC0LTV
10-13-2005, 03:49 AM
I grabbed these tonight and thought you might be interested...

Ishtar TV - Iraqi TV network. Will be launching a siginal on IA-5. The shot is showing the station's various satellite locations.

Jamahirya TV - Libyan state television network, relayed to the U.S. and Canada on IA-5.

MHz Worldview - New soon-to-launch network focusing on international news, music, and drama (in English or with subtitles).

Russia Today - Soon-to-launch Russian government - run English-language news network. Kind of like a TV version of Voice of Russia.

TV 7 - Tunisian national network. The time, I believe, reflects eastern time, not Tunisian time.

Michael-NJ
10-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Great captures! What size dish was that caught on, did you get the 1 or 1.2 meter yet?

desrudx
01-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I remember in the first few months at least when tv7-Tunis appeared they were relayed from off the air and the time was Tunis time zone not tape delayed. One morning they were running Foxbusters and there was abundant tropo CCI over it. Can only dream what exotic station that would have been...

cd637299
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
<banging fists on dinner table> I want (to see) more! More, I say! I like to see this stuff.....

BTW I have an LPTV which shows SCOLA....very fuzzy picture. Hopefully "MHz" will be better than SCOLA in the sense that it'll have English titles to explain.

cd

JeffK-PA
03-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I remember watching the then government-run Iraqi TV before the start of Gulf War II. It was a wall-to-wall infomercial on how great Saddam was with clips of him set to Arabic music. I should have put a tape in the VCR and recorded that stuff for posterity.