PDA

View Full Version : TV-List: We want YOU !! :-) http://www.tvlist.tv/

voltadx
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi friends,

Certainly, some of you know project FM-List incl. "myFM" by German FM- & TV-DXer Günter Lorenz.
A few weeks ago, Günter has started a similar project called "TV-List" which is a profound database for all analoue and digital TV-transmitters worldwide:

http://www.tvlist.tv/

Using this list, you can also create an electronic logbook called "myTV", which is very esay to handle especially in high summer e-skip season's days, when heavy VHF-I activity makes us wishing to cool down the brain. :)

My intention why I provide these information:
A great database easy to handle especially for VHF-I activity, but also nice for tropo on VHF-III & UHF.

BUT:
We still need good editors for America, Australia, etc, like Danny, dxer2000, Mike, etc., who are familiar with their local transmitter situation.

This list can be edit so far by following address:

http://fmlist.org/ul_login.php?sprache=de

Think of it and contact Günter on the mentioned address on that page for further information. :)

I can imagine that this list is a PROFIT for our common hobby VHF-I TV-DX ! :cool:

Regards and GD DX from Germany,
Mathias
PS:
I am on holiday from 20.01. - 02.02.2011, so I can't reply immediately here - sorry in adavance for delay.

w9wi
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Do you have a way of loading large lists of technical information?

We have access to the official Canadian and U.S. transmitter lists. These are generally accurate. DXer assistance would be necessary in confirming programming sources.

voltadx
01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Doug,

Normally, it should be possible uploading large lists of technical information, but before I will contact webmaster Günter Lorenz for final results.
I will keep on that topic next week, when I returned from holiday after 02.02.2011.

What is the link to these lists of technical information? Thank you a lot in advance for information !

Regards,
M

voltadx
01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi,

I got quick response by Günter and the expected YES, WE CAN !

We just need the link to these large datas.
If you be so kind to leave that link here or send me by PM, please: I will forward them to Günter and he will manage the upload.

Many thanks in advance ! :)
M.

Danny
01-30-2011, 11:50 PM
We still need good editors for America, Australia, etc, like Danny, dxer2000, Mike, etc., who are familiar with their local transmitter situation.

I am flattered that you mentioned me in a positive way. However, I'm not sure that I have any information that would help you.

Your Mexico TV list does need some updating. I can provide some current information, but I don't have a list of frequency measurements.

Let me know how I could help you.

w9wi
01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi,

I got quick response by Günter and the expected YES, WE CAN !

We just need the link to these large datas.
If you be so kind to leave that link here or send me by PM, please: I will forward them to Günter and he will manage the upload.

Many thanks in advance ! :)
M.

The easy link for USA stations is here (ftp://ftp.fcc.gov/pub/Bureaus/MB/Databases/formatted/). Of course you want tvtxeng.zip. You probably also want tvdiction.txt which explains the layout of the file. Despite dire warnings of the data format being obsolete (and one warning that these files will not be updated after some date in 1997!) note that the files are in fact current.

If you have the ability to work with SQL databases the files you want are in this directory (ftp://ftp.fcc.gov/pub/Bureaus/MB/Databases/cdbs/). You'll need at a minimum facility.zip (which contains non-technical information like call letters and station location) and tv_eng_data.zip. (which contains technical information like power and antenna site). You can use facility_id as the primary key relating these two tables. There are also tables describing the patterns of directional antennas. I've not worked with them.

The SQL files are updated nightly. (~3am East Coast USA time, I suppose that's around 1000UTC) I *think* the tvtxeng file is also updated at the same time. (have not used it in some time so am not sure)

For Canadian stations the link is here (http://spectrum.ic.gc.ca/engineering/engdoc/baserad.zip). This link retrieves a .zip file containing a collection of dBase (.DBF) files. You will want at a minimum TVSTATIO.DBF. FEEDS.DBF explains how each transmitter receives its programming. (some, especially in rural areas, rebroadcast the signal of another transmitter received over the air)

Mexican government data is available on this link for analog (http://www.cofetel.gob.mx/wb/Cofetel_2008/Cofe_estaciones_de_television_in) and this link for digital (http://www.cofetel.gob.mx/wb/Cofetel_2008/Cofe_canales_de_television_digital_in). Unfortunately they're PDF files.

In all three countries, for the most part the government does not regulate the network (ABC, Fox, CBC, Global, Azteca 7, etc.) broadcast by each transmitter. As a result, these databases also don't, for the most part, contain that information. Trip's site rabbitears.info and mine w9wi.com are probably the two most accurate sources of programming info. And Danny's, for Mexican information.

Boško Igić
02-01-2011, 07:22 AM
There are some sources of fairly accurate data about Serbian broadcasters.
List of RTS's repeaters (RSS feed in Serbian Latin): http://www.rts.rs/page/rts/sr/Emisona+tehnika+i+veze/rss/217/Pokrivanje+Srbije+TV+signalom.html
RATEL's broadcasting plan: http://ratel.rs/upload/editor_files/File/Regulativa/Plan_raspodele_SG_02-10.pdf (unfortunately this is only availible in Serbian Cyrilic and can't be translated by Google)
RATEL's Register of broadcasting stations: http://registar.ratel.rs/en/reg3

voltadx
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
@ Doug:

Many thanks for the links !
I have forward them to Günter and I just got reply, that he is able to upload the information.

@ Danny:

As I frequently check VHF-I part of WFTDA and know your private made homepage, I know about your profound knowledge of Mexican and Latin-American TV-DX situation especially on VHF-I.
It would be great, if you could register at
http://fmlist.org/ul_login.php?sprache=de
to keep the data up to date in a way, as you know which would be the best.
There is no need to worry about perfect work. Here in Europe we also have a lack of information in some countries and it requires much work, to collect new information for our data base in "TV-List".
These information are usually collected and discussed firstly here:
http://forum.mysnip.de/read.php?12097,684481
The final results flow into TV-List, which can be used quite perfect then. It's just an example, how we work here in Europe with new information about VHF-I TV-DX datas.
If you like to join us and keep Mexican part up to date from time to time in accordance with your own information, would be a great help for us indeed !!

@ Boško Igić:

Also a big "thanks" to you !
As you are already member of FM- & TV-List (Günter just told me in PM): Do you have interest to update Serbian / Balkan part of TV-List?
Would be great - thank you in advance !

@ all:

As we have had e-skip on VHF-I on 4th of February, here is a 1st example how the electronic logbook of TV-List would look like:

(example: "Inter" from Sinferopol, UKR in SW-Germany on VHF ch R1 49,75 MHz by DX-mate M. Meyer)

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/s5.directupload.net/images/110205/3eytdxui.png

(hope I can inaugurate this logbook on TV-List with 1st TV-log of 2011 soon :) )

As I said in the beginning, I can imagine that this list will be a BIG PROFIT for our common hobby VHF-I TV-DX !
It would be great if we could profit from a common worldwide data base as VHF-I friends from Europe, America, Australia, etc...
This list is kept alive, if EVERYONE takes a little time to keep it up to date from time to time. The result makes us being united (!) with our common hobby VHF-I TV-DX ! :)

Boško Igić
02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, I am member of TV/FM List and I sometimes update it. Also I am your subscriber on YouTube.
EDIT: http://www.rts.rs/page/rts/sr/Emisona+tehnika+i+veze/rss/217/Pokrivanje+Srbije+TV+signalom.html does not work because newly-founded organisation "ETV - Emisiona tehnika i veze" (http://www.etv.rs ) took all of the RTS's transmitters. On this site there is no info about frequencies of RTS's relays but there is only map of relays.

voltadx
05-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I just wanted to remind you to feel free to use

http://www.tvlist.tv/

via

http://fmlist.org/ul_frameset.php?

for your new season's logs.

Enjoy TV-DX season 2011 ! :)

voltadx
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi friends,

We are planing to update http://www.tvlist.tv/ and need your help with new information about following part of that list:

http://www.fmlist.org/tvlist.php#CAN

According to

http://monteregieweb.com/main+fr+01_300+Aucun_impact_pour_les_clients_de_Vi deotron.html?JournalID=9&ArticleID=701166

"au-delà du 31 août 2011, date à laquelle le CRTC a décrété la fin des signaux analogiques partout au pays"

...it seems that Digital Transition in Canada seems to be finished almost completely.

- Is that date the final date of digital transition like it was in the US the 12th of June 2009?
- What about rural areas / territories / provinces in CDN and their analogue signals?
- I have seen quite new TV-screenshots here on WTFDA and quite new videos on Youtube: What VHF-I / VHF-II & UHF transmitters are still on air?
- In case they are still on air: How long will they remain on air?
- Is there any simulcast transmission in CDN?

Many thanks your your help !

Your help is appreciated a lot here in Europe !!

73s
Mathias V.

w9wi
03-04-2012, 03:51 AM
According to

http://monteregieweb.com/main+fr+01_300+Aucun_impact_pour_les_clients_de_Vi deotron.html?JournalID=9&ArticleID=701166

...it seems that Digital Transition in Canada seems to be finished almost completely.

- Is that date the final date of digital transition like it was in the US the 12th of June 2009?
- What about rural areas / territories / provinces in CDN and their analogue signals?
- I have seen quite new TV-screenshots here on WTFDA and quite new videos on Youtube: What VHF-I / VHF-II & UHF transmitters are still on air?
- In case they are still on air: How long will they remain on air?
- Is there any simulcast transmission in CDN?

I apologize for the delayed response...

Just as in the U.S., the Canadian transition plans have changed a few times... The information on the Wikipedia page "Digital television in Canada" is essentially accurate.

The following transmitters were required to convert to digital by September 1, 2011:
- Transmitters in the National Capital Region. (Ottawa/Gatineau)
- Transmitters in the ten provincial capitals.
- Transmitters in markets with more than 300,000 residents.
- Transmitters in markets which are the headquarters for more than one station. (i.e., markets from which programming originates for more than one chain of transmitters)

The cities in question:
- Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Lloydminster
- Vancouver, Victoria
- Winnipeg
- Saint John, Moncton, Fredericton
- St. John's
- Halifax
- Charlottetown
- Barrie/Hamilton/Toronto, Kitchener, London, Ottawa/Gatineau, Thunder Bay, Windsor
- Montreal, Quebec, Riviere-du-Loup, Rouyn-Noranda-Val d'Or, Saguenay, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivieres
- Regina, Saskatoon

The CBC got a last-minute reprieve; most CBC transmitters that would otherwise have been required to convert by Sept. 1, 2011 have been given another year and need not convert until Sept. 1, 2012.

Also, transmitters operating above channel A51 were required to either move to lower channels or reduce power by September 1, 2011. They are not required to convert to digital when they do so, although some have.

Transmitters not falling into the above categories are not required to convert to digital and may continue in analog indefinitely. The CBC has stated their satellite equipment for feeding analog transmitters will reach the end of its life in 2013, and they do not intend to maintain it. Depending on what they mean by that... it is possible all CBC analog transmitters will be closed in 2013. Or it may mean they will continue to operate, but only until they require repairs. (and if the satellite uplink requires repairs, all of the analog transmitters will be closed)

Most transmitters required to be converted were in fact converted, and their analog facilities silenced. The exceptions:
- Sun TV in Ontario was already operating in digital, but closed last year to convert to a cable-only operation. CKXT transmitters were in Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, and London.
- Miracle Channel in Alberta closed its CJIL-TV-2 transmitter in Burmis. (the main transmitter in Lethbridge was converted)
- CBC transmitters in London (CBLN-TV), Kitchener (CBLN-TV-1), Foymount (CBOT-1), and Chatham (CBLN-TV-3) moved to channels below A52 but continue to operate in analog.
- Radio-Canada transmitters in Windsor (CBEFT) and Sarnia (CBLFT-17) moved to channels below A52 but continue to operate in analog.
- CBC transmitters in Forestburg (CBXT-12), Digby (CBHT-7), and Truro (CBHT-8) reduced power, so they would be allowed to continue to operate on channels above A51.
- Radio-Canada transmitters in Digby (CBHFT-6), Kitchener (CBLFT-8), London (CBLFT_9), and Lac-Etchemin (CBVT-4) reduced power, so they would be allowed to continue to operate on channels above A51.
- The CBC transmitters in Spillimacheen (CBUBT-6) and Barrie (CBLT-1) were closed.
- The Radio-Canada transmitters in Barrie (CBLFT-11) and Ste.-Famille (CBVT-2) were closed.
- The CTV Two transmitters in Calgary (CIAN-TV) and Edmonton (CJAL-TV), and the Global transmitter in Fort Erie (CIII-TV-55) were closed.

The following CBC transmitters are still operating in analog but will be closed on September 1st unless the CBC changes their mind and decides to convert them (not likely):

- CBC:
Lethbridge (CBRT-6), Moncton (CBAT-2), Quebec (CBVE), Saguenay (CBJET), Sherbrooke (CBMT-3), Trois-Rivieres (CBMT-1), and Saskatoon. (CBKST)

- Radio-Canada:
Calgary (CBRFT), Lethbridge (CBXFT-3), Fredericton (CBAFT-10), Saint John (CBAFT-1), St. John's (CBFJ), Halifax (CBHFT), Thunder Bay (CBLFT-18), Charlottetown (CBAFT-5), and Saskatoon. (CBKFT-1)

When the Radio-Canada analog transmitter in Quebec City (CBVT, channel A11) was closed, the English-language CBC station (CBVE) took over that more-powerful transmitter.

The CBC transmitter CBAT in Saint John reduced power and installed a directional antenna, to prevent coverage of the provincial capital Fredericton. It appears this will lead the government to allow this transmitter to continue in analog indefinitely. A new (digital) transmitter was installed in Fredericton, also with the call letters CBAT, on channel A31.

The CBC transmitter in Yellowknife (CFYK-TV) and the Radio-Canada transmitter in Rimouski (CJBR-TV) are not required to convert but have been converted. Other stations that have converted without being required to by the government:

- Tele-Quebec transmitters: CIVA-TV Val d'Or & Rouyn-Noranda; CIVB-TV Rimouski & Grand-Fonds; CIVC-TV Trois-Rivieres; CIVG-TV Sept-Iles; CIVK-TV Carleton, Gascons, Perce, and Gaspe; CIVM-TV Montreal; CIVO-TV Gatineau (Ottawa); CIVP-TV Chapeau; CIVQ-TV Quebec City; CIVS-TV Sherbrooke; and CIVV-TV Saguenay. The article and other sources say all Tele-Quebec transmitters have been converted, but the government database shows no technical facilities for a digital transmitter for CIVF-TV Baie-Trinite.

- Radio-Canada CKRT-TV Riviere-du-Loup and its six additional transmitters. (CKRT-TV-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- TVA CIMT-TV Riviere-du-Loup and its seven additional transmitters. (CIMT-TV-1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8; note this station has one transmitter in New Brunswick, and there is no CIMT-TV-3)
- TVA CHAU-TV Carleton and its eight additional transmitters. (CHAU-TV-1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; note there is no CHAU-TV-2)
- V CFTF-TV Riviere-du-Loup and its eleven additional transmitters. (CFTF-TV-1..11; again, note this station has a transmitter in New Brunswick)

- TVO transmitters in Chatham (CICO-TV-59), Belleville (CICO-TV-53), and Cloyne. (CICO-TV-92)
- CTV Toronto's transmitter in Peterborough. (CFTO-TV-54)
- CKWS Kingston's transmitter in Brighton. (CKWS-TV-1)
These transmitters operated above channel A51 and needed to move to lower channels; it was decided to convert them to digital at the same time.

Global has announced plans to convert all its transmitters by 2016. (except for the Fort Erie transmitter which has been closed) Global transmitters which have not already converted:
Sault Ste. Marie (CIII-TV-12); Timmins (CIII-TV-13); Bancroft (CIII-TV-2); Peterborough (CIII-TV-27); Sarnia (CIII-TV-29); Owen Sound (CIII-TV-4); Sudbury (CFGC-TV); and North Bay. (CFGC-TV-2).

A number of transmitters in Alberta have been shut down although not required to do so by the government:
- Provost & Wainwright (CKSA-TV-3, CKSA-TV-4, and two transmitters of CITL-TV, callsigns unknown)
- Bonnyville & Meadow Lake (two transmitters of CITL-TV, callsigns unknown. The CKSA transmitter at Bonnyville, CKSA-TV-2, continues in analog.)

Two completely new transmitters have been recently authorized in southern Ontario:
- Channel A35, Hamilton, 25kw (CHCJ-DT)
- Channel A42, Fonthill, 5kw (CKVP-DT)

Both are transmitters of CTV Two (CKVR-TV), Barrie. To my knowledge neither transmitter is operating yet.

Transmitters not listed above should be assumed to be continuing to operate in analog with their previous facilities.

voltadx
03-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi Doug,

Many thanks for these detailed information !!

M.

w9wi
03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Well, I made a significant omission in that post. I managed to forget Global's stations outside Ontario:

Halifax (CIHF-TV) (already converted to digital on A08) and its transmitters:
in Nova Scotia at Truro (CIHF-TV-4), Wolfville (CIHF-TV-5), Bridgewater (CIHF-TV-6), Sydney (CIHF-TV-7), New Glasgow (CIHF-TV-8), Shelburne (CIHF-TV-9), Yarmouth (CIHF-TV-10), Antigonish (CIHF-TV-15), and Mulgrave. (CIHF-TV-16)
in New Brunswick at Fredericton (CIHF-TV-1, already converted on A44), Saint John (CIHF-TV-2, already converted on A12), Moncton (CIHF-TV-3, already converted on A27), Woodstock (CIHF-TV-11), St. Stephen (CIHF-TV-12), and Miramichi (CIHF-TV-13)
on Prince Edward Island at Charlottetown. (CIHF-TV-14, already converted to digital on A42)
Quebec City CKMI-TV and its transmitters in Sherbrooke and Montreal. These have already converted to digital on channels A20, A11, and A15 respectively.
Winnipeg CKND-TV (already converted to digital on A40) and its transmitter CKND-TV-2 Minnedosa.
Regina CFRE-TV (already converted to digital on A11) and its transmitter CFRE-TV-2 Fort Qu'Appelle.
Saskatoon CFSK-TV (already converted to digital on A42)
Calgary CICT-TV (already converted to digital on A41) and its transmitters CICT-TV-1 Drumheller and CICT-TV-2 Banff.
Edmonton CITV-TV (already converted to digital on A13, after a temporary operation on A47) and its transmitter CITV-TV-1 Red Deer.
Lethbridge CISA-TV (already converted to digital on A07) and its transmitters in Burmis (CISA-TV-1), Brooks (CISA-TV-2), Coleman (CISA-TV-3), Waterton Park (CISA-TV-4), and Pincher Creek. (CISA-TV-5)
Vancouver CHAN-TV (already converted to digital on A22) and its extensive transmitter network in British Columbia:
Chilliwack (CHAN-TV-1), Bowen Island (CHAN-TV-2), Squamish (CHAN-TV-3), Courtenay (CHAN-TV-4), Brackendale (CHAN-TV-5), Wilson Creek (CHAN-TV-6), and Whistler. (CHAN-TV-7)
Kelowna (CHKL-TV), Penticton (CHKL-TV-1), Vernon (CHKL-TV-2), and Revelstoke. (CHKL-TV-3)
Kamloops (CHKM-TV) & Pritchard. (CHKM-TV-1)
Revelstoke (CHRP-TV-2)
Chase (CHSH-TV-2)
Santa Rosa (CISR-TV) & Grand Forks (CISR-TV-1)
Prince George CIFG-TV
100 Mile House CITM-TV & its transmitters at WIlliams Lake (CITM-TV-1) and Quesnel. (CITM-TV-2)
Trail CKTN-TV and its transmitters at Castlegar (CKTN-TV-1), Taghum (CKTN-TV-2), Nelson (CKTN-TV-3), and Creston. (CKTN-TV-4)
Kelowna CHBC-TV and its transmitters at Penticton (CHBC-TV-1 & CHBC-TV-7), Vernon (CHBC-TV-2), Oliver (CHBC-TV-3), Salmon Arm (CHBC-TV-4), Enderby (CHBC-TV-5), Canoe (CHBC-TV-8), and Apex Mountain. (CHBC-TV-9)
Kenora CJBN-TV

Yes, there are two Global transmitters at Kelowna. CHBC carries local Kelowna news, CHKL relays Vancouver. This also affects Vernon and Penticton, where there are transmitters of both stations.

Except for the stations which have already converted, the digital technical facilities for these transmitters do not yet appear in the Industry Canada database.