PDA

View Full Version : Weingard Stack

John Wilke K9RZZ
07-29-2012, 04:40 AM
After a late evening of maintenance work, I went back for some night time photos. 2 x Weingard 6065P FM antennas. They work great! ;)

Meteor scatter anyone?

Gary Hickerson
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
They "look" great. What kind of rotor, do you use? Besides DX, what range do you have on "locals" (75-100-125 mi.) ? ? To bad that Winegard, don't make this model, anymore !

Gary H.
Okla.

John Wilke K9RZZ
07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
They "look" great. What kind of rotor, do you use? Besides DX, what range do you have on "locals" (75-100-125 mi.) ? ? To bad that Winegard, don't make this model, anymore !

Gary H.
Okla.

Agreed! I got these just after they were discontinued, so one came from storage over here, the other in a back room over there, but it was well worth it! Range on a flat band (depending on transmitter power and direction) is 35 to 90 miles. Certainly, I can be listening to a station in full stereo and not hear a peep out in the car. I use a Yaesu G-450XL rotator which turns them easily. I have the rotator mounted on the attic floor and the mast goes through an access hatch. "Fairly" water proof, but not perfect. :rolleyes: However, it's super solid and I never worry about high winds or ice loading.

Here's my FM log. Not terribly impressive, but I have fun. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-1X437-xXydEo4MktvTHFmcVZ1ZEtldi1QU0lBa3c#gid=0