Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMBA 2 Havana, or not

Maybe there needs to be a separate forum, similar to Raymie's Mexico Beat, for Cuba; the only difference will be that any info is only what we DXers can claim!

For example....it should not be hard to get at all---but for 4 years now, there is yet to glean this simple info:

(1) the power used by 104.7 R Mayabeque in Guines. I believe this to be the most powerful FM in Cuba; is almost always the first Cuban FM station I hear once I drive south of Florida City. The thing even has RDS! But power listed? Nah.

(2) the location of the 530 Rebelde that every DXer and his mother have heard under Enciclopedia. Although there is one listed for Guantanamo, the azimuth is pretty much the same as that of Enciclopedia.

I really don't understand why the secrecy; but then again, the U.S. with the Samoan KVZK stations is almost as secretive!

cd

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    It has been 20 years, but there was another program that I recall as being shown in Cuba prior to being shown in the USA:

It was the Japanese-made animated cartoon Samurai Pizza Cats.

As long as the advertising is removed, I cannot think of any sporting event outside of soccer that T Rebelde would show live from other countries. Their baseball games have brief breaks between innings that seem to go smoothly though.
    Yes Ed, nice pic . One has to upload two or more here for the pix to be thumbnails.

cd
    Maybe they got it from Mexico. I mean, two years ago, in Cubavisión they showed Futari wa Pretty Cure with, most probably, Mexican dubbing (only available via DVD here).

cd... my spies tell me 530 AM is located in/near Havana.

shhhh... don't tell anybody... it's a secret. :-)

73, Ed NN2E
    Owner / Operator - Murphy's Law Test Site & Thunderstorm Proving Grounds
    "You Might Be a Redneck If...
    Your TV is on 24/7.
    Your TV has been permanently on for over a decade.
    The only time your TV is off is during a power outage.
    Your TV gets 512 channels, but you go outside to use the bathroom.
    Your new TV is sitting on top of your old TV.
    Your TV costs more than all of your other furniture.
    Your deer-stand has a TV antenna on it.
    Your cable provider has no idea that you exist."
    Jeff Foxworthy

^ Well your spies are equivocados.. The Enciclopedia 530 is there. Our former WTFDA member who lives there told us so, and could not hear the Rebelde.

And it's not a matter of simple jamming---there are pockets where Enciclopedia is heard much more easily, where Rebelde isn't even audible.

I suspect the Rebelde location as Pinar del Rio, but I at least admit to not really knowing.

cd

cd... This came from a very well known Cuban DXer. Perhaps, he threw me a curve... just in case I was planning to invade the Country and take control of the radio station. I would imagine he could lose his job (and more) if he strayed from the Party-approved playbook and disclosed the station's true location. Something we need to keep in mind... in Cuba, it's still 1960.

Big Brother is watching...

Ed
    Last edited by NN2E; 01-04-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    "You Might Be a Redneck If...
    Your TV is on 24/7.
    Your TV has been permanently on for over a decade.
    The only time your TV is off is during a power outage.
    Your TV gets 512 channels, but you go outside to use the bathroom.
    Your new TV is sitting on top of your old TV.
    Your TV costs more than all of your other furniture.
    Your deer-stand has a TV antenna on it.
    Your cable provider has no idea that you exist."
    Jeff Foxworthy

...with the initials AC? [<---here is where I long for a "Groucho Marx" emoticon with eyebrows up & down]

cd

Weird, because Enciclopedia is listed in their official page and in EcuRed as 530 AM.

The last three summers I've been getting a plus offset 2 with Tele-Rebelde, shortly after CMBA comes in (rarely, shortly after or alone). Twice I've unequivocally seen the Tele Pinar ID when the 55.26 carrier is dominant (I use a radio with CW mode that tunes in 10Hz steps

The 2+ is often followed by Mexican DX (was, rather).

Habana Tele-Rebelde has been 2- for a long time.
    Comparing Sporadic-E skip to skip on the AM and shortwave bands is like comparing apples and oranges.

Comparing tropo to skip is like comparing apples and bacon cheeseburgers.

Thread Information