Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Presentation question

OK, as usual, I did not read everything above. Jim is hinting that the host TV station (WAMI 69-3 in GetTV's case) might be partly responsible for the uplink problems. However, the videotape classic Merv Griffin shows ("Oooooh! We'll be right back!"), unless a poor-quality master is used and a better could not be found, come across on Get just fine.

So.... I am unable right at this moment to watch 2 TV's to check some of MeTV programming in a side-by-side comparison. I do have two separate MeTV affiliates. The shows in question are on while I am either at work or sleeping. I do have VCR, but don't feel like recording two stations at once, although I can; quality of my videotape suffers a bit anyway.

BTW on one post I had it mixed up---it is WSFL that runs Springer on videotape while WFLX is epic film look.

Oh BTW---does anyone notice....sometimes you'll be watching a football game on TV, someone scores a touchdown, and right before going into commercial, shows a replay of the TD----as film look? Again, making an all-time epic out of something that isn't!

And---edit---for the few of you who have Decades....Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In is shown as film look, as I believe that *some* of the Dick Cavett reruns are. Inconsistency city....

c d

OK, early this morning I checked the formerly-videotape "Facts of Life" & "Diff'rent Strokes" on MeTV, both 5-2 & 10-2. Same deal, film look---I wanna say that the images *have* been a tad enlarged, looking like tops-of-heads nearly cut off from the top of the screen---but again, I would have to see the original show to say yes or no.

As a classic TV fan, it's just a shame. Filmed classic series sure don't seem to be getting this treatment.

Oh yeah---Facts of Life closing credits seemed to be jittery, like in my above posts. Would DVD releases of these series look like this??

c d

For the two series you mentioned, according to the Product Details of the DVD sets listed on Amazon, the packages offer this to the buyer-

• Format: Multiple Formats, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Full Screen, NTSC
    • Language: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono) (Note: MTS Stereo offered after 1985)
    • Region: Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
    • PLEASE NOTE: Some Region 1 DVDs may contain Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE). Some, but not all, of our international customers have had problems playing these enhanced discs on what are called "region-free" DVD players.
    • Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Thread Information