Thread: New LD Station in Indianapolis

Default New LD Station in Indianapolis

Indianapolis has a new low-power DTV to kill channel 28 for DX: WUDZ-LD, Terre Haute, IN a DTV America station. The station got moved roughly 75 miles from Terre Haute to the Indy antenna farm on the northwest side of the city. Transmitter site is 5 miles from my house, per the modified CP. Bye bye channel 28.....................

Station info from Trip's Rabbitears website: http://rabbitears.info/tvq.php?reque...=WUDZ-LD&arch=

Per the stats from my autologger, it appears the station just signed on during the 11 a.m. hour today. So far, here's the channel lineup:

28.1 BUZZR (vintage game shows)
    28.2 .............
    28.3 SBN (religious)
    28.4 LCHD (liquidationchannel.com)
    28.5 QVC "over air"
    28.6 QVC PLUS "over the air"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WUDZ LD new May 14 2016.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	18761
    Last edited by indysteve; 05-14-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added Trip's website link

Makes Milford even more important...
    Mike Glass N9BNN
    Lebanon, IN
    EM69

WUDZ will be "DX" from Illinois, and when you get them, another new log.
    Chris - Poughkeepsie, NY
    DTV DXer since April 2009
    DTV DX screenshots at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvdxer/sets
    DTV DX Videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtvdxer

I just noticed something interesting in attempting to receive WUDZ-LD on my Sony Bravia HDTV. It will not receive/decode the station. The "Signal Diagnostics" site reads "Signal cannot be decoded." This means exactly that because this set reads "No signal" if indeed there is no signal present. This is the complete opposite from local WIIH-LD 8 when at times this same Sony HDTV is the only DTV receiver/tuner in the house that WILL decode WIIH. Another one of those crazy quirks from time to time with DTV.

WEKA-LD has similar issues. The signal unexplainably stops decoding on the Zenith tuner. It sounds like DTV America is having problems getting their stations operable.
    Andrew

My TV and FM DX Photos from Akron, Ohio...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/133179000@N04/albums

Speaking of which, does the Milford site get Champaign's full set of LD stations? (Also, I suppose it gets my local W31BX, but does it get WAND's other low power retransmitters?)
    Daniel KC9HZN
    Danville, IL
    EN60

Grundig G3 (stock antenna)
    GigaWare HD Radio dongle
    Sony CRT TV, DigitalStream Converter Box, Terk HDTVa antenna
    Car radio (stock, no HD, no RDS)

Quote Originally Posted by kc9hzn View Post
    Speaking of which, does the Milford site get Champaign's full set of LD stations? (Also, I suppose it gets my local W31BX, but does it get WAND's other low power retransmitters?)
    First of all, is W07DD-D, Champaign on the air? Since July, I've never seen it. The rest of them all depend on tropo, or some kind of enhancement, and it depends greatly on what kind of CCI is present. Strong CCI will usually kill most of these flea-powered stations. W31BX-D, Danville, is seldom seen because of its very short tower and low power plus ch. 31 is usually dominated by WFLD, Chicago. WBXC-CD 46, Champaign, is a somewhat frequent visitor at 50 miles. Other occasional visitors from your area include WAND-40 (W40CV-D), Jacksonville @ 147 miles and W33AY-D, Springfield, @ 121 miles.

For DXing purposes, I don't pay much attention to these as they are mostly a PITA when attempting to get good DX distance. :-) They simply get in the way! And do any of them actually have an OTA audience?

Well, my folks watch W31BX. I know some other folks without cable/satellite as well. As for the others, we can't pull them in using an indoor antenna, so I couldn't say. Since the switch to digital, I haven't yet caught WILL, and I've only caught WTHI once, just no luck with VHF.
    Daniel KC9HZN
    Danville, IL
    EN60

Grundig G3 (stock antenna)
    GigaWare HD Radio dongle
    Sony CRT TV, DigitalStream Converter Box, Terk HDTVa antenna
    Car radio (stock, no HD, no RDS)

Thread Information