Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bye, MundoMax

This was the former analog 10 in Del Rio, was it not? Did it ever actually go on as analog? If so, I doubt it would be Del Rio-San Antonio, with SA's analog 9 all over it.

cd

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    This was the former analog 10 in Del Rio, was it not? Did it ever actually go on as analog? If so, I doubt it would be Del Rio-San Antonio, with SA's analog 9 all over it.

cd
    I don't know if it was on in analog, but it used virtual channel 10 and broadcast on RF 28.

The main point of broadcasting from Del Rio was to get must-carry (cable/satellite) in the SA DMA. They got on Time Warner (now Spectrum) late last year as channel 807/1229 (obviously, that channel is now empty). They were also on Dish, Grande, DirecTV and U-verse (as channel 10 on all but Grande). OTA viewers in San Antonio itself depended on KMYS 35.2, which is now American Sports Network. KYVV seems to have controlled that feed, so it was dropped when KYVV ceased broadcasting. They also were on the cable system in Del Rio.

KVAW would also qualify for that as Maverick County (which contains Eagle Pass) falls in the DMA, but they have never attempted it. I think they're on the cable system in Eagle Pass. TitanTV's a mess because it lacks all the needed program data, but the lineup has XHPN on 3, KVAW on 7, and XHPNH, XHPNT and XHPNG clustered 29-31. They're also in HD, too. (Note: no shadow XHHE or XHPNW!)

(As an aside, KVAW is a real head-scratcher because they have no social media presence. Their political file for 2016 is empty, and their KidVid report reveals this is the only E/I program on their schedule. It's produced at NRT's Saltillo cable station.)
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

If it means anything, one of the WGENs (DT 21) already moved COMIA (SS infomercials) from 21-2 to 21-1 (no longer using virtual 8), whilst the others are still running MundoMax on their -1's. Shape of things to come?

cd

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    If it means anything, one of the WGENs (DT 21) already moved COMIA (SS infomercials) from 21-2 to 21-1 (no longer using virtual 8), whilst the others are still running MundoMax on their -1's. Shape of things to come?

cd
    Azteca América scooped them up.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

MundoMax is officially gone from TV market #75, also known as Springfield, Missouri. KRFT-LD pulled the plug on them tonight, leaving Retro TV currently running on 8.1 and 8.3, with Heartland on 8.2, a local church channel on 8.4, QVC on 8.5 and a local radio station on 8.6. A change in their lineup is coming, but Estrella TV may not hit the air until Jan. 1st locally.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

MMax still on today, on the WGEN RF's 17, 24, and 45.

AzAmerica is already on WDGT RF 9 here, but that wouldn't be any precedent; we have UniMas on both 23-2 and 69-1 (virtual, co owned)---superfluous!

cd

I'm going to miss the show, think it's called "Lo Mas Impactante"... some of that stuff was just plain nuts! I can't speak Spanish so I just hit mute and watch the action.......not anymore tho!

As Raymie said, Azteca America is now on all the WGEN -1's, except 21, which is running // all the WGEN -2's (COMIA). The 21 has to be a glitch, because it should be virtual 8, but at this moment it's not.

WDGT RF 9 (virtual 24) is also running Azteca America.

cd

Thread Information