Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uploads

Default Uploads

Just to get started, place a brief comment here (optional). Then click on the paperclip (top row just to the right of the smiley) and attach your html files. When the menu drops down, click on "add files", select your html files, click "GO" and when they are all uploaded, click "DONE".
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72 30' W/41 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Default SW Missouri dx 10-22-16

I had some strong regional tropo enhancement Saturday morning into NW Arkansas, which gave me a chance to run TSReader on some of the signals.

10-22-16
    KAJL-LD 16 Fayetteville AR (4kw - 94 miles)
    -The signal did not stay in long enough to note the names of each channel. Data just shows KAJL-LD on each channel.
    KNWA 50/51 Rogers AR (67 miles)
    KFSM 18/5 Fort Smith AR (108 miles)
    KXNW 34 Eureka Springs AR (67 miles)

10-23-16
    KOLR 10 Springfield, MO (local)
    -I noticed Rabbitears didn't have a current or recent TSReader Data file for this station since KOLR added sub-channels this Fall.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

11-06-16 regional tropo

Some NW Arkansas dtv's in strong enough this morning to run TSReader. KFTA 27/24 Fort Smith AR comes up as KNWA. KNWA is technically on rf 50. I don't understand why they don't have KFTA in the #1 slot in their bandwidth. So when I am getting strong signals to NW AR, I have TWO KNWA's in my channel list - KNWA 24 and KNWA 51. Sounds pretty goofy to me.

***Per Trip's comments below, my basic curiosity is - I don't understand why the Zenith converter box displays KNWA-DT 24-2 when it receives the KFTA signal. I have to physically bring up the channel information to change it to KFTA-DT 24-1. I noticed that this morning. When it first tuned in the channel (I didn't have it stored in memory), it displayed KNWA-DT 24-2. Just seems odd the converter box would do that, rather than displaying KFTA-DT 24-1.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 11-06-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Corrections
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

The PSIP maps appropriately, with Program 3 being 24-2 and Program 4 being 24-1, and the TSID is correct. On any receiver, 24-1 would be labeled "KFTA-DT" and 24-2 would be "KNWA-DT". This is how it's been since at least 2013, and probably dates to when they had one transport stream going to both transmitters (with the PSIP added at each transmitter). Keeping the legacy channel placements means a rescan isn't required to keep receiving it on pickier receivers.

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Default Tropo to Gulf States 11-10-16

Surprise tropo opened up this morning to Little Rock AR DTV stations, then stretched out to Biloxi MS, Mobile AL and almost got into panhandle of Florida. Signals came up really strong for about 15 minutes, then started dropping. Was working furiously trying to get TSReader captures but the longevity of the tropo opening was not working in my favor. But I tried....

Attached to this post-

KTHV 12/11 Little Rock AR @ 177 miles
    WMAH 16/19 Biloxi MS @ 516 miles
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Default KWBM 31 update

I noticed the TSReader file at Rabbitears for KWBM hadn't been updated since they added ME TV. Also, for anyone still not sure about using TSReader for TSID/HTML captures, I have included a jpeg image of the screen capture for KWBM so you can see what the program is showing you. I would really like to see more DTV dxers participate in this forum. Its a snap to figure it out and adds a new dimension to your DTV dxing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Default Tropo to the south 11-26-16

Had another round of tropo to the southern states, mostly Arkansas, SE Missouri, southern Illinois, a little from Kentucky and Tennessee. A High pressure system slid down across Arkansas and worked its way east overnight on Saturday. I *watched* the dx move as the High pressure system moved east. At one point I had most of the Little Rock AR stations in but the signals were very erratic and wouldn't stay in very long. I had numerous signals that remained as sub-decodes.

TSID/HTML captures this go around...

WSIL 34 Harrisburg IL - 248 miles
    WPSD 32 Paducah KY - 242 miles
    KSDK 35 St. Louis MO - 189 miles
    KMOV 24 St. Louis MO - 189 miles
    KBSI 22 Cape Girardeau MO - 210 miles
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Here are all the TSID files of the stations that I can receive locally here from my location with an outdoor antenna with a preamp without any Tropo enhancement. The only local station TSID file missing in this list is WBXH-DT-39. The station was generating to many Continuity Errors. The station had good signal of 95 to 100%. even tried to turn antenna away from station to get a weaker signal to see if Preamp overload was causing the Continuity Errors. I will try to get TSID file from WBXH-DT-39 again.
    Last edited by amfmtvdtvbrla; 04-15-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks. I've updated RabbitEars accordingly.

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Here are some TSID files I captured during some strong regional Tropo enhancement on May 2nd thru the 9th 2017.

Thread Information