Thread: 710 Mexico - is this XEDP?

Default 710 Mexico - is this XEDP?

Finally getting my AM DX season underway! I have two clips, just before and just after 0730 EDT from Burnt River ON. I suspect XEDP Chihuahua MEX given the music and what has been heard up this way by others.

Clip ending in 'a' has possible Spanish talk between songs at :50 of the clip.
    Clip ending in 'b' has longer, much clearer talk, but no apparent ID, at :15.

I'm hoping there might be something IDable in what the female announcer says. Any thoughts?

With thanks,

Saul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I hear a 6:31 timecheck, as well as a reference to the band Los Hermanos Banda de Salamanca. There's also a mention of a guy in Pachuca, Hidalgo and one in the "colonia Álvaro Obregón".

My computer is being a little slow today so I can't figure out who's what. The time check has me a little skeptical of Cuauhtémoc. This format also is a match for IMER's XEMP 710.

Edit: There is a colonia with that name in the municipality of Cuauhtémoc, 25 miles from the actual city, but that's a common name. But there's an XEMP ID in here, so my suspicion is correct. The second timecheck does mention La Nueva 710: translated, it says "It's 6:32 and we're continuing now, this is Paso del Norte on The New 710" (La Nueva 710).
    Last edited by Raymie; 10-25-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks, Raymie, really appreciate you listening.
    Guess I'll have to keep chasing XEDP.
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I think the timecheck would have been 5:31/32 if this was indeed Cuauhtémoc. The timecheck was my first clue. The Pachuca greeting was second — an AM facility from Mexico City probably is listenable in Pachuca.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

With no Spanish skills at my end, such valuable clues would fly right by...
    Thanks, Raymie!
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Thread Information