Thread: 1510 "XEQI"---realmente?

Default 1510 "XEQI"---realmente?

Hi---late last night I was able to null WLAC 1510 and heard what had to be XEQI in Monterrey....however, the female announcer had it sound like XEAI, which is in Mexico City.

I decided to go to a live stream this morning. You may be able to find an easier feed, but I used

http://1510am.radio12345.com/

Now, I hear what sounded like XEOI! (They ID a lot, so you don't necessarily have to wait until the top-hour.)

The official calls have to be XEQI---but seriously, is that what y'all hear on the stream? Is the "Q" (supposedly sounding like "coo" in SS) so accented/stylized there?

To the DXer, even in SS, enunciation is "la llave."

cd

That's a Q.

What's cool is that their ID mentions Monterrey as "la cuna de la radio en América Latina" — certainly in reference to the groundbreaking TND operated by Constantino de Tárnava.

Also, those Nuevo León state PSAs with the bell sound. That's cool. Too bad El Bronco doesn't buy time on commercial radio stations.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Well, they could make it sound a little more koo-ish, verdad?

cd

Thread Information