Thread: 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 Tuners

Default 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 Tuners

Manufactures of 4K UHD monitors in 2016 have now added ATSC 3.0 tuners into their models making it a real TV.

If you shop wisely you can get a 4K UHD TV w/3.0 tuner for less than their monitors with the same screen sizes.

[Hint] Good deals will be from now up till the start of Super Bowl season that starts on Feb 5.

That's great news but I thought the final decision on which standard was going to be used with ATSC 3.0 was not yet decided. Do you know of any specific brands and/or model numbers that are available or will soon be available? Some of us DTV DXers are anxious to learn all we can about ATSC 3.0 broadcasts OTA. The last I read, LG was leading the drive to manufacture tuners, like STBs. I've also read that Sinclair is really pushing to get ATSC 3.0 at its stations. An RF engineer at one of my local DTV stations, recently told me a number of things are still being worked out. Although I've read that several DTV stations across the U.S. should be testing ATSC 3.0 OTA in 2017.

Looks like I issued a false start.

When I found out that 2017 production 4K UHD are being rolled-out with newer built-in digital tuners, I thought they meant ATSC 3.0. However, after reading more into the topic, it appears that these 2017 models are being integrated with standard ATSC version 1.0
    tuners. - What a disappointment -

The Bootstrap component (System Discovery & Signalling) of ATSC 3.0 was upgraded from candidate standard to finalized standard
    on March 28, 2016.

LG/Zenith Electronics from South Korea seems to be taking the lead with ATSC 3.0, broadcasts being scheduled to start in February 2017.

Thread Information