Thread: 1040 Spanish-language unID

Default 1040 Spanish-language unID

Anything in these two clips that's IDable or offers meaningful clues?

1040 on Nov 25 at 1828 EST: Heard Spanish to south, mixing with WYSL. Audio is consecutive but split into Part 1 and 2, each about 2 mins 30 seconds. Had mildly auroral conditions after sunset.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Undoubtedly this is Radio Mayabeque in Guines, Cuba. Not only was "Mayabeque" mentioned twice in Clip 1, but the interval signal is heard in clip 2. Listen here to the mp3:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...ight=Mayabeque

cd

I hear two Spanish stations. One has a bunch of guys talking and the other has a lady delivering a news report.

The latter has a newscast, mentions of a municipality and San Nicolás, and a signoff from a reporter "Para el noticiero De Buena Fuente" which is Radio Mayabeque's news program at 6pm. (It took Chris's post to figure that out).

I also hear a mention of an Asamblea in part 2. I suspect there may be a Mexican here as there is currently a Constitutional Assembly of Mexico City in session. However, XECH on Fridays at 5pm runs...a sports talk program, "Caldero Deportivo". November 25 was a Friday, and I swear I hear "América" (like the Mexican soccer club) twice from the men talking though it's very difficult to make out.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks, Chris and Raymie. I also suspected two stations but wasn't sure. I'm happy enough with Cuba IDed, though it is already heard here. I was actually motivated (judging by conditions at the time) to keep the clip and check it out hoping there might be a Florida Spanish-language station in here. Obviously not enough to go on in the clip for the second station.

An aside - November and December were remarkably and unusually lacklustre as far as receiving Mexico up here is concerned. Mexico is often best overnight and especially so in the hour or two leading to my local sunrise. But for these two months pre-sunrise cx have been next to nothing when I've been at my Burnt River DX site.

Thanks to you both, and others, for listening. As always, it's appreciated!
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

This is basically for Saul, but I meant to start a thread with some AM DX news, of which the 1040 frequency is affected.

Note that it is unrelated to the OP; however big news. Check out posts 4 thru 9 here

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/show...9422-Espn-1210

I wanted to start my own thread, but site issues today.

cd

Lots of changes down there - will bear watching the next time cx get auroral. Thanks.
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Thread Information