Thread: Analog TV received in Belize

Default Analog TV received in Belize

This is analog TV I was able to receive in Harvest Caye, southern part of Belize.

The signals seemed to be coming from Santa Barbara, Honduras. I could not receive any digital TV, both countries use the Brazilian DTV standard and I don't have a receiver for that.

Channel 22 - Patepluma?
    Channel 25 - SB Vision?
    Channel 28 - Unknown

IvanFL NO2CW

I don't think Belize even has selected a DTV standard...

The 22 is indeed Patepluma which would be like a station in Monterrey known as Regia —*it's a demonym for people and things from the area.

The 25 is indeed called SB Visión or Santa Bárbara Visión.

The 28 has a "27" bug UR and is not Honduras: it is Canal 27 Guatemala, a Christian station. The program is from In Touch Ministries (Ministerios En Contacto). It cannot be in Guatemala City itself but must be somewhere else in the country. I cannot find information on it. Perhaps you mistuned?
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thank you for the information Raymie. I was sure about the first two. One of the Wikipedia pages on Tv in Guatelama lists channel 27 as "Canal 27 (Guatemala City)| 28 and 66: El Canal de la Esperanza (Christian Ministry Grounds)". From my location I could pick up a ton of FM signals from Guatemala which easily came in over the hills but not as far away as Guatemala City. Channel 27 must have a translator somewhere on top of the hills which is what I was receiving. The WinTV program I was using records the channel in the file name so there is no chance of miss tuning. Either way I am pretty sure all three channels are correctly identified.

I did a bunch of AM and FM scans in that area as well, I will post them one by one. And of course a tv scan from Cozumel in picture perfect ATSC.

Quote Originally Posted by NO2CW View Post
    Thank you for the information Raymie. I was sure about the first two. One of the Wikipedia pages on Tv in Guatelama lists channel 27 as "Canal 27 (Guatemala City)| 28 and 66: El Canal de la Esperanza (Christian Ministry Grounds)". From my location I could pick up a ton of FM signals from Guatemala which easily came in over the hills but not as far away as Guatemala City. Channel 27 must have a translator somewhere on top of the hills which is what I was receiving. The WinTV program I was using records the channel in the file name so there is no chance of miss tuning. Either way I am pretty sure all three channels are correctly identified.

I did a bunch of AM and FM scans in that area as well, I will post them one by one. And of course a tv scan from Cozumel in picture perfect ATSC.
    I want to see the Cozumel one! It'll answer a lot of questions for me, particularly about XHCOZ. I'm also curious to see how many of the Playa del Carmen shadows you caught (PdC has a near total set of Cancún shadows, though they did not get a new SQCS transmitter in the permit discontinuity fix last month). There used to be Azteca shadows on Cozumel itself (as I discovered on Street View) but they abandoned the site, probably to serve the island in digital from Carmen. Televisa has a full-power 2/5 transmitter on Cozumel.

And it's likely the 28 with Canal 27 is some sort of repeater, but SIT (the Guatemalan broadcasting and telecom regulator) doesn't have the information I need to do that.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Cozumel is a good spot for daytime AM DX as well. WKWF 1600 Key West was reported there in daytime on a cruise. That lil 500 watt ND station gets out. I can hear it with Superadio and Select-a-Tenna from Cape San Blas FL in a null of KLEB in La. in daytime---about 400+ miles?

cd

Gotta love salt water paths! And, watching that bandscan, I've never seen so many food ads! I'm getting hungry!
    2010 Honda Fit stock radio.
    Grundig G8 ultralight .

Thread Information