Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 770 Mexican anthem at 2013-2015 in apparent sign-off

Default 770 Mexican anthem at 2013-2015 in apparent sign-off

770 Mexican anthem at 2013-2015 in apparent sign-off. I'll post an audio clip when I edit my clips to a manageable size. But this was just a few minutes ago; thought I'd post this asap...
    Curious if this was a daytimer signing off - a couple very weak Spanish-language stations there before and after but they seem weaker overall and Rebelde Cuba seems more prominent now. WABC nulled ... helps to have WBBM 780 Chicago's IBOC off... (had CHQR Alberta this morning for a new catch).

With thanks,

Saul @ Burnt River ON
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

A daytimer on 770? My guess is XEANT Tancanhuitz SLP which is one of the CDI stations. Those are always daytimers.

The IFT tables only list two other AMs operating on 770 right now, XEML Apatzingán (a migrant) and XEACH Monterrey (Radio Fórmula).
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks, Raymie. A few of us have been chasing what we think is XEREV in Los Mochis. Various folks up in MI-ON have heard presumed Mexican station with everything from dance to rock, and this has been a leading suspect. I'm not saying what I heard is either this same station or XEREV. Just letting you know where our thinking is at up here. We're paying close attention to 770 because 780 WBBM has turned its IBOC off the last few weeks. So a few ears are on 770 to the s.w. (I'm in ON). MWLIST has quite a few listed, FWIW. The anthem startled me - I was sitting there hoping the talk and music would fade up to workable levels. It kinda sorta did, barely, before the anthem. I have a bunch of editing to do on a few clips. Will post tomorrow...
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I'm going to ask the Radio Sinaloense Facebook page on that one.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Mochis is indeed in play. The city has 6 AMs still:

https://www.facebook.com/RadioSinalo...83306388354497

Thank you for confirming that as an option, Raymie. As promised, I'm attaching three clips. It's the last few minutes before the anthem, then the anthem and immediate aftermath (I think the station drops off).

Clips are date stamped but 16-18m and 18-22m and 20-22m is labelling that is meant to help me keep track of segments of a longer recording of the channel. The anthem started at roughly 2013 EST (Burnt River ON time) and lasted until about 2015 EST.

There's actually potentially discernible talk and music on 16-18m and 18-20m. The anthem begins on 18-20m at 19:45, approximately. Clip 20-22m is actually only 1m30secs long (end of the entire recording) but that's where the anthem continues, then ends. Seems to me the signal goes off the air, though I'm not certain - could have been a fade-down.

Curious for any takes on this - with thanks!

Saul @ Burnt River ON
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

No anthem heard tonight, but do have above-threshhold talk from one Spanish-language station on the WSW antenna. It's at least two Latins deep, underneath a somewhat weakened WABC. Thought I'd post these clips in case there's something - the talk is in between music tracks, and there is what appears to be a brief interview.
    With thanks,
    Saul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I smell Cuba. There's a reference to something from "la capital de todos los cubanos".

Interesting ... it wasn't //Rebelde 670 or 5025 FWIW. I checked, because the music made me wonder...

I do note on the BCB logger, the following report:

Jan07 23:08 770 Cuba presumed. Blasting in like a local. ID something like "Radio Arbenita"; no "Rebelde" hrd. but "de la revolucion" hrd several times. -- Mark in IN (74.118.118.170)

BTW - Any thoughts on the Mexicans (clips above)?
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I can't make out anything of the Mexicans, and the only Cuban 770 on the most recent lists available is a Rebelde repeater in Las Tunas.

Thread Information