Thread: ISDB-TB was anounced as the standar DTV for El Salvador

Default ISDB-TB was anounced as the standar DTV for El Salvador

Reverting the adoption of the ATSC standard of several years ago, today was anounced by the salvadorean president and the SIGET director the ISDB-TB standar for the terrestrial tv in the country. In March will be prepared the operative plan to begin transmisions in 2018.
    The plan include FM but I can't find any info related to its standard .

Anyway I only have a portable ATSC tv set y my brand new TV is an ISDB-TB ja ja

Saludos
    Humberto

Quote Originally Posted by Humberto View Post
    Reverting the adoption of the ATSC standard of several years ago, today was anounced by the salvadorean president and the SIGET director the ISDB-TB standar for the terrestrial tv in the country. In March will be prepared the operative plan to begin transmisions in 2018.

Saludos
    Humberto
    (More information)

En la SIGET tomaron la decisión correcta al homologarse con los otros países centroamericanos, aunque si hay televisiones con ATSC en el mercado habrá que asegurar la disponibilidad de convertidores (por ejemplo con salida HDMI).

En cuanto a la radio creo que se subirán los servicios de la radio pública, como en Colombia, a la TDT. Se usa así en Japón también, donde originó este estándar.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Saludos
    Humberto
    That's amazing, Humberto. Still, hang onto that ATSC TV....if you can connect an outdoor antenna, KCWX DT 5 in TX is in your range for Es. Also FCC plans to open up more RF 2-6 TV stations in a few years.

cd

ISDB-TB uses "segmented" transmission. The TV channel is divided into 13 430KHz-wide "segments". Within each segment, OFDM modulation is used with up to 432 carriers. (same modulation as the European DVB-T standard except DVB-T uses the entire channel as a single segment)

ISDB touts a "1seg" feature. The first segment is used to transmit a low-resolution channel intended for viewing on cellphones. (the first segment is actually #0 and is located in the center of the channel) Similar to the now essentially defunct ATSC-MH scheme, 1seg is more robust due to the narrower bandwidth. (and due to the lower data rate, it takes less battery power to decode it)

I'm having trouble locating details but I *think* the radio thing involves using 1seg for audio-only programs. 416Kb/s of bandwidth is available which is enough to transmit eight radio stations if you don't care too much about quality, or four if audio quality is important
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

¡Hola Raymie! Si, efectivamente, la homologación con Centroamérica fue uno de los criterios. También escuché que se prevé el subsidio de cajas convertidoras para televisores NTSC con salidas analógica, si es así y hay en el mercado para compra les puedo enviar algunas para que puedan hacer dx desde USA a Centroamérica ;-) Saludos

Hi Chris! YEs I will keep the ATSC TV, just need a god outdoor antenna. Saludos

Thanks for the info Doug! Very intersting, that explain somethig I observed with the auto setup scan of my ISDB TV, when is auto scanning appears "Scanning Radio Channels" or somethig similar.

Saludos

¡Hola Raymie! Si, efectivamente, la homologación con Centroamérica fue uno de los criterios. También escuché que se prevé el subsidio de cajas convertidoras para televisores NTSC con salidas analógica, si es así y hay en el mercado para compra les puedo enviar algunas para que puedan hacer dx desde USA a Centroamérica ;-) Saludos
    Sí, pero dada que ya circulaban televisoras ATSC en el mercado, habrán usuarios que no entienden... "Compré una tele digital ¿¡y no funciona con este sistema!?"
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks to all for your info and comments.
    Just for historical records here is a pic with the 31.1 ATSC test channel from May 2016 :-D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0011.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	19989

Thread Information