Thread: KBHB 810 Sturgis, South Dakota

Default KBHB 810 Sturgis, South Dakota

I don't normally listen to AM radio, other than this time of the year. And when I am in the car, I usually am listening to Sports Radio 810 WHB Kansas City MO. They are typically ALL TALK radio. I was on errand runs right before sunset this evening. I had been in a store for a bit and when I returned and started the car, there was classic country playing, with quite a strong signal. Of course I wondered right away, what is going on, this isn't WHB. I looked at the time and realized it was right about the time WHB cuts their daytime 50kW to 5kW. Wasn't sure who this was and had to listen through three songs before I finally got a station break.

KBHB Sturgis SD runs 25kW day and I caught them for about 15 minutes BEFORE they cut to their night power .06kW. It was like someone pulled their power plug when they switched to night time power. Hmm, maybe KBHB shows up quite a bit this time of the year at sunset, but its the first time I've heard them. In the 20 years I lived in Colorado, I don't think I ever heard them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Thread Information