Thread: Three Latins

Default Three Latins

Any leads on the following three Spanish-language stations?

720 - Jan 18 at 1839 EST - Clip begins with an ID that seems to mention multiple stations.

890 - Jan 11 at 1841 EST - Spanish and AM’eh in ID, mention of “Hora” several times. 1080 KRLD Dallas TX had good signal around this time.

1140 - Jan 17 at 2200 EST - ID sounding like Radio Granta, then presumed news, sounds to me like a Cuban but not positive. I also had Rebelde at time during this reception, but this was in the background to this station.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

The 720 is Emisoras Unidas Barranquilla, HJAN. They mention Radio Tropical 1040 AM in the ID as well.

The 1140 is XEMR Radio Esperanza - 50,000 watts, and the studios at Madero 1116 Oriente matching the GRA/Epsilon Media site. (That's what I suggested without even listening!)
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Many thanks, Raymie.

Re the 1140 - I can now make out Radio Esperanza ... quite clearly. But the rest isn't clicking for me ... I take from the above that they mentioned the studio location? I wouldn't have thought twice, but I just noticed there is a 10kw Radio Esperanza on 1140 in Cartagena Col.

Do you have any sense of the 890 clip, even whether it might be a Latin or a US station?
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Many thanks, Raymie.

Re the 1140 - I can now make out Radio Esperanza ... quite clearly. But the rest isn't clicking for me ... I take from the above that they mentioned the studio location? I wouldn't have thought twice, but I just noticed there is a 10kw Radio Esperanza on 1140 in Cartagena Col.

Do you have any sense of the 890 clip, even whether it might be a Latin or a US station?
    I can't really make out the 890.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

That 890 may be a tough one to crack. Thanks for giving these a spin!
    I'm wondering about the Esperanza. I'll have to check if there's an online // for either one so I can even think about trying for and logging the Colombian one.
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Thread Information