Thread: La Mejor on 690 - Mexico - which of two?

Default La Mejor on 690 - Mexico - which of two?

Have a TOH ID on 690 of La Mejor in Mexico. It is doing well tonight.

I'm trying to determine if it is

MEX XEMA Fresnillo 50/2
    or
    MEX XECS Manzanillo 5/1

I don't hear any calls given at TOH. I am leaning on XEMA being on its day rig. Can anyone recognize any clues in these two clips? ADDENDUM: Have added a clip C from 2100 (times are EST).

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Saul; 02-11-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

"XHEMA, 107.9, 100 mil watts..." It's in there in the 2001 clip along with an address which the B-15 site confirms as "Avenida Hidalgo #316, Primer Piso".
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks, Raymie, I had a feeling it would be them. Especially given their strength here as early as 2000 EST tonight!

Bet they're running the daytime 50KW stick and all to relay 107.9 100KWer... I can't help but wonder why ... how ...

But I am glad to be settling this one. We'll see what channel yields my attention next. Maybe 1000 to hear Artemisa content, beyond its wobbling.

Greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Thanks, Raymie, I had a feeling it would be them. Especially given their strength here as early as 2000 EST tonight!

Bet they're running the daytime 50KW stick and all to relay 107.9 100KWer... I can't help but wonder why ... how ...

But I am glad to be settling this one. We'll see what channel yields my attention next. Maybe 1000 to hear Artemisa content, beyond its wobbling.

Greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Because their AM coverage area is *still* larger than their FM and they have to keep it on as there are communities that get the AM but no other radio service.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Places in Mexico where there is an empty-enough band to DX! With all the various mountains it could be kind of cool there for FM ... I used to spend considerable DX time mobile near Toronto exploring hills and finding ways to null the big city FMers. In the process, got some nice tropo out close to 1000 miles to AR and NE and such.....
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Places in Mexico where there is an empty-enough band to DX! With all the various mountains it could be kind of cool there for FM ... I used to spend considerable DX time mobile near Toronto exploring hills and finding ways to null the big city FMers. In the process, got some nice tropo out close to 1000 miles to AR and NE and such.....
    The FM band is getting busier for sure, but AM would be better given the ever-lower number of AMs.

Thread Information