Thread: Cleaning up: DTV STBs & other similar items...

Default Cleaning up: DTV STBs & other similar items...

I've bought a 5.1 surround system & need to clear up some space in the living room...

All prices are negotiable (but dangerously close to zero as it is!) and do *not* include shipping from Nashville 37209.

- Insignia NS-DXA1 DTV converter box. This is one of the standard coupon-eligible boxes. SD analog outputs only; RF on analog channels 3/4, baseband on RCA jacks. $10.
    - Humax HFA100/US DTV tuner. This is the one sold for that system that ran in Utah for a few months with cable channels on encrypted subs of the OTA stations. It supports HD with HDMI, component, and VGA outputs, as well as SD on S-video and composite RCA jacks. Paired with a computer monitor it'd make a decent spare TV. When turned off, this unit continuously scans for new channels; you might come home from work some evening & find the Humax DXed four new ones while you were away The Insignia will DX a single channel while away but the Humax will DX all of them. $25.

Not a STB but I hope close enough:
    - Hauppauge WinTV-D DTV tuner card for PC. This is their first-generation tuner card. I only have the card -- you'll have to download any drivers from the Hauppauge website. $5.

Definitely not a STB:
    - Apex AD-1110W DVD player. Just a cheap DVD player with analog RCA and S-video outputs. $5.

Extremely long shot:
    Anyone in Nashville want a FREE 19" CRT analog TV? It goes to the recycler tomorrow but if someone wants it I'll even deliver in Davidson and bordering counties. Working when removed from service in 2009.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

- Marantz 2240B stereo receiver. Not really a DX machine but does receive AM/FM. I used it as the amp behind my XDR-F1HD. $50 - note this thing is HEAVY and will not be cheap to ship.
    - Radio Shack 42-2115 "Tape Control Center". Switch four analog audio sources into four destinations. $5
    - Archer 15-1107 four-set RF distribution amplifier. $5.
    - Channel Master 7008 low-band/FM tunable trap. $5.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66

Doug,

If they're still available, I'd like the two STBs and the Radio Shack Tape Control Center.

Thanks.

Tommy

I have a bite on the Insignia box but the Humax is still available as is the Tape Control Center. You're in Franklin -- how often do you get up to West Nashville? I could leave them at the front desk at work for pickup (not this week as I'm on vacation!). Near Nashville Tech on White Bridge.

Or I could arrange to meet somewhere -- I'm sure there's a Starbucks in Cool Springs or somewhere like that. I've got other things to do on Thursday and tomorrow morning but should be otherwise available.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66

Turns out the Insignia is still available if you're interested.

Hope the tornado skipped your location!
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66

Fortunately the tornado skipped here - I am south of where it hit - but there were quite a few trees down not too far away. It was scary for a while.

Yes, I'm still interested in the Insignia - I've got one (and the identical Zenith) but since they aren't made any longer, I certainly can use a third.

I went to the then WSM-TV studio when I was a teen, and I went to Naashville Tech, but I don't get up that way anymore. Can you meet somewhere Saturday or Sunday in the mid-afternoon time-frame? If you'd like to communicate via email, my email is antennanut at comcast dot. net

Thanks!

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    -

- Channel Master 7008 low-band/FM tunable trap. $5.
    Hi W9WI, If still available would like to have the Trap.

Could pay the shipping to KY.

Thanks,
    Tripelo

Not sure everyone's PM's are enabled, sent PM to you a couple weeks back.

Also, over a few months, have sent a few PM's to other members here with no response.

Thread Information