Thread: UNID 1060 SSer 3/7/2017

Default UNID 1060 SSer 3/7/2017

I hear what sounds like an SS PSA then a very faint ID that quickly fades. Been hearing this regional Mexican station a few times the past few weeks. I don't think it's XERDO Matamoros, because I did not hear the Mexican NA at local midnight (10p PT).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nx08xb...70307_0542.WMA
    FM/AM/SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!

It has to be an American or XERDO as it's a "learning English" ad with a 1-800 phone number (1-800-801-1653).

The number turns up zilch.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Mike Cherry (VE7SKA) in BC confirms it is not XERDO. I will check again tonight for an ID. I suspect KFOY Sparks/Reno has flipped to reg. Mexican from ESPN Deportes, but KTNS and KXPL TX (10KW daytimer from El Paso) is possible.

And now the plot thickens. Last night was another rather auroral evening here, and 1060 had a mix of TWO SSers, news/talk and the unid Regional Mexican. Both clips were recorded around 1830-1845 PT 3/08.

First recording is the news/talk discussion. Kind of sounds like XEEP (relog) but I thought they mainly aired music.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/otbjdd...ion_3-8-17.WMA

Then we have the unid Regional Mexican fading up with an ID and out. Didn't sound like "La Raza" to me. Hopefully this can be IDed!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/45ghka...can_3-8-17.WMA

Radio Educación has newscasts (titled Pulso) and discussion programs. But I can't make out a single word in either clip.

At 8:00 they have the half-hour Pulso de la Noche newscast, and last night the following program would have been a language-focused discussion program called Los Contertulios.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thread Information