Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current State Of IBOC/HD Radio

I'd like that but, If we had something like DAB, I think we'd be saying goodbye to analog FM. It'd be 2009 all over again.

HD does add programming that a lot of times is useful, like AM stations, Sports, and music that isn't commonly heard.

also check this link out http://www.wpr.org/hd-radio-information
    Last edited by JVL DXer; 05-04-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    Janesville,WI - Sony XDR-S10HDiP & Kaito KA1103 & Insignia ND-HD01A portable 😜📻🔎📶

FM Log - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    FM Log Map - https://www.easymapmaker.com/map/84a...2f2e84bcf806f0

FM already has “does add programming” it’s called SCA with stuff “that isn't commonly heard.”

Quote Originally Posted by fm_dxer View Post
    FM already has “does add programming” it’s called SCA with stuff “that isn't commonly heard.”
    Which reminds me. I have an FM/SCA rx that the late Dr Bruce Elving modded for me....2 questions:

(1) is there an SCA "directory" online anywhere? Ever since Dr Bruce passed, I cannot seem to find one out there. He may have been the only one that cared. (I understand that FCC doesn't keep track of which station has what features.)

(2) Is it not true, that if FM DX goes wild and woolly, that stations without SCA behave like they "just don't exist" on an SCA rx? That could make for some interesting monitoring, IF some SCA's stick out like a sore thumb. .....I myself haven't monitored that rx for DX since early 90s! I had a Mexican, I think it was in Matamoros, whose SCA I was able to pluck out; Dr Bruce included it on his next FM Atlas!

cd

Quote Originally Posted by JVL DXer View Post
    I'd like that but, If we had something like DAB, I think we'd be saying goodbye to analog FM. It'd be 2009 all over again.
    It may play out more like FM's assault on AM. How fast is that band emptying out?
    And even if FM does lose stations... it's hard to see that as a bad thing from a DXing standpoint. The hobby would be much more interesting with two or three locals rather than the fifty we each have today. (with a hundred more in the 50-100 mile range)
    :: Ryan Grabow
    :: egrabow.com/dx
    :: facebook.com/egrabow440
    :: youtube.com/user/egrabow440
    View My Logbook
    99 Digital TV ::
    441 FM Stations ::

Thread Information