Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Both With FM Broadcast While On A Caribbean Cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    Oh and by all means, don't forget those even-decimal FM frequencies! Although primarily Colombia stations, FMList now shows a few Venezuelans using even decimal frequencies.

cd
    I would always question things like this. FMList relies on editors located in various places. Their listings are only as good as their editor, and the info their editor receives. They have an editor listed for VEN but not for COL. The WTFDA DB may not be perfect, but neither is FMList. Covering the world like FMList does could be a blessing, or it could be a curse.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

I'd be skeptical of any even-decimal FMs.

Then again, I'd never have believed you that there were once 93.2s, 89.6s and 88.4s in Mexico, but then I was proven way wrong.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Well true that Venezuela info can be iffy---but I can definitely testify hearing even-decimal Colombians!

As in http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...t=Barranquilla

In 1983 long before I was in WTFDA, and before things were straightened out, there was also an 88.8 in Guatemala City, which I might have heard. I know it was my first gander at their Canal 3.

I had contributed a little info to FMList, like the 100.3 Rebelde. Even Cuban FM info can depend on monitoring.

cd

Default Should I Both With FM Broadcast While On A Caribbean Cruise?

Well, I didn't do you guys any good. I didn't get much time to listen and, when I did, I ended up focusing on the on-board DMR system on the ship.

What? No DX data to submit to the front office??? We'll see if the WTFDA sends you on a cruise again! ......oh wait, WTFDA didn't send you on a cruise. They don't have that kind of money Oh well, I hope you enjoyed the drinks and sandy beaches.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Default Should I Both With FM Broadcast While On A Caribbean Cruise?

This probably won't really surprise many people hear, but I found it interesting when we were at sea, I really heard very little other than FM broadcast and on-board ship's DMR. I had several search ranges set up on amateur 2 meter, amateur 70 cm, marine band, FRS/GMRS, aircraft, etc. Oh, sure, there was a bit of marine band, but even with land in sight, many/most of the islands had surprisingly little radio activity in the areas that I focused on.

Thread Information