Thread: Spanish unID from 8/11/15

Default Spanish unID from 8/11/15

Can anyone who knows Spanish take a listen to this clip of 107.7 during the ES opening to FL, GA, etc on 8/11/15? There's something mixing with Magic 107.7 WMGF that sounds like it could be mexican. Could also just be WAJP, or possibly a LPFM.

https://soundcloud.com/user721092295...20150811-1545z
    Jeff Lehmann - N1ZZN
    Hanson, MA FN42NB

"a toda la gente de Ciudad Morelos..."

The only Ciudad Morelos I know is in Baja California. It has a 107.1 FM about which little is known. But this is not that frequency. There can't be a licensed 107.7 in the general area, either, as San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora has a 107.9 at 100 kW.

The name Ciudad Morelos alone suggests Mexico. Holy moly, this would be a fantastic catch. That air mile distance would be nearly 2,500 miles. But I'm really skeptical — this would have to be 2Es, too.

Cd. Morelos is technically in the municipality of Mexicali, but it's a big municipality and Cd. Morelos would be closer to Yuma than Mexicali.

There's a greeting for the Rodríguez family, including an Adriana, and maybe an Armando in the same family. I do have one thing suggesting someone named Adriana Rodríguez lives there. But this is going to be exceptionally difficult to track down. It has to be a pirate because of XHSLR (and KXO-FM El Centro, in the opposite direction, on 107.5).

There's also a mention of "El Zorrillo".

Gargadon? I feel like I need backup. This could be great, but NO ID clues. Is there another Ciudad Morelos I'm missing?

I'm looking at other skip patterns from that 8/11/15 opening. Some in PA/NJ got stations in Texas, Louisiana... Was there a second skip cloud somewhere?
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

IF you feel like sorting text entries, you can go here and download the zipped text archives from 2015 found on the TV FM Skip log website....
    http://dxworld.com/tvfm-arc2015.zip
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

I'm looking through there now... Nobody else had 2Es, though there was skip toward Texas.

I found one thing on a Cd. Morelos Coahuila (or it might just be Morelos, Coahuila), but that doesn't go anywhere given it's in the 5 Manantiales region (Villa Unión, Nava, Allende etc.) and Piedras Negras also has a 107.9.

I've sent this clip along to @RadioMexicaliBR who operates a Mexicali radio blog. I'm asking if he knows anything more about any pirates on 107.7 in Cd. Morelos.

107.7 has VERY few RM stations in Mexico. The big ones are XHRTM in Macuspana, Tabasco, and XHYZ in Aguascalientes. That still doesn't seem right given how far north you are.

I just don't think you'd find many, if any, localities in the US named Ciudad Morelos. My lone caution is that in Mexico, they love to name stuff after independence and revolutionary war heroes. José María Morelos y Pavón is a good example of that — there's the state of Morelos, the city of Morelia, Michoacán, José María Morelos in Quintana Roo (home to XHYAM-FM, among the best callsigns in the country), and a good number of other places too. But Ciudad Morelos is what has my attention. That name is not common.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

WAJP in Perry FL is Reg Mex, and their top-hour IDs include many, many stations---maybe a dozen. I'm sure some TX stations are included.

They don't stream, but info on them + the other stations can be found here:

http://www.hispanictargetmedia.info/our-stations.html

I'm unable to use Soundcloud but wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were WAJP.

cd

Alright. The first station on the list is KUKY in Yuma. There's your answer.

My unfamiliarity with Hispanic Target caused this one.

For anyone that can't use Soundcloud or prefers an mp3 recording of the 107.7 dx, I used TotalRecorder to make a *stream* recording of it and uploaded the mp3 here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Thread Information