Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NAB Slams FCC Repack Plan, Seeks Changes.Says auction structure was faulty and flawed

Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    Hey Trip, in LMS, what does "LKP" stand for? (as in the prefix for the names of several of the tables such as "LKP_ANT_POLARIZATION" and "LKP__MARKET AREA")
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I always thought they meant "lookup" but I don't know that for sure. If I remember, I'll ask around.

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Thanks!

I downloaded Friday's LMS export & have been bringing it into a local SQL DB. (as I've done with specific tables of CDBS for years) I don't expect to keep the whole thing -- for example, the applicant party and station contact info tables aren't of much interest -- but I figure CDBS will eventually go away & I'm going to need to parse LMS. I'm learning a fair amount about what's in each table as I go. (but haven't made it to the LKP tables yet)

It looks like app_dtv_channel_assignment will be the table to watch once the post-auction assignments come out. (right now it shows everyone's post-auction channel assignment as zero )
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

I checked and it is "lookup".

And as noted, I have pages staged on RabbitEars which already have the new channel information. So it will be in a usable format right away when the Public Notice goes out.

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    Thanks!

It looks like app_dtv_channel_assignment will be the table to watch once the post-auction assignments come out. (right now it shows everyone's post-auction channel assignment as zero )
    All stations on channel zero?

Let's see....if channel 1 was 44-50 MHz, I would assume that channel 0 will be 38-44.

The coming E-skip season is going to be fantastic!
    Comparing Sporadic-E skip to skip on the AM and shortwave bands is like comparing apples and oranges.

Comparing tropo to skip is like comparing apples and bacon cheeseburgers.

Channel zero is not as wacky as you might think. There really is one with that number in the Australian system. WRTH 2017 page 606 still shows it as 48.5 MHz digital centre carrier frequency, 46.25 Analog vision carrier. 73, Glenn Hauser

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Hauser View Post
    Channel zero is not as wacky as you might think. There really is one with that number in the Australian system. WRTH 2017 page 606 still shows it as 48.5 MHz digital centre carrier frequency, 46.25 Analog vision carrier. 73, Glenn Hauser
    It was phased out at digital switchover, but there it was. Never zero, always pronounced "oh". It probably always suffered from bad multipath —*in urban areas, the original 0s all ended up moving (to 10 in Melbourne/1980 and Brisbane/1988, and to UHF-only with SBS).
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

....and who could forget ch 5A in Australia, located within what we know as the aircraft band!

http://televisionau.com/2016/11/reme...hannel-5a.html

cd

Thread Information