Thread: FM unIDs

Hybrid View

Default FM unIDs

Spring cleaning on some winter FM meteor scatter unIDs. Any leads are greatly appreciated:

96.1 - "Power Ninety..." and drops off. Feb 16 at 0630 EST. Could be WWPW Atlanta GA or KQPR Albert Lea MN - does the jingle sound familiar?

97.5 - "The Power Morning Show" on Feb 17 at 0853 EST could be KJCK Junction City KS or CJKR Winnipeg MB. Does anyone recognize the voices?

97.9 - ID sounds like "Magic 97.9" but I can also imagine it as "Classic 97.9". It's country. Not finding a listed slogan that comes close to matching... Heard March 16 at 1022 EDT.

98.3 - "The River" slogan. Feb 15 at 2042 EST. Could be AR or NC. Anyone recognize the voice / liner?

101.7 - Ad for Katie's / Katy's, a restaurant on Main Street. On March 14 at 1446 EST. Seems a long shot but does this register with anyone?

101.9 - "Mix 101.9, What do you think the answer is?" Heard March 15 at 0921 EST. I'm asking much the same question. Is it WYMX Skokie IL, KRWK Fargo, or KMVX Monroe LA? I'm leaning towards KRWK because the slogan seems closest in terms of matching, and the station is somewhat of a Ms regular. But I'm hoping this sounds familiar to someone.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

98.3 - "The River" -- Search results show KFCM, Cherokee Village, AR - Classic Hits - Branding as "The River 98.3" - A possibility.

Kegan

Thanks, Kegan. So does WDLZ in Murfreesboro NC, per WTFDA FM station directory.

http://db.wtfda.org/fac_frequency/down/1

So I'm presuming one or the other... my guess will be AR, since it's higher power. But that's just a guess at this point.
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

97.9 sounds like it says magic 97.9 but the song doesn't sound like country, but more like Christian AC.
    101.9 most likely not WTMX, they almost always ID as "101-9 The Mix". Accent sounds like someone from Fargo too.
    Janesville,WI - Sony XDR-S10HDiP & Kaito KA1103 & Insignia ND-HD01A portable 😜📻🔎📶

FM Log - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    FM Log Map - https://www.easymapmaker.com/map/84a...2f2e84bcf806f0

Lightbulb

I agree. That's certainly not Chicago. Very much the wrong accent and wrong ID.

KJCK 97.5 airs the Power Morning Show with Robert & Kate.

Your 97.9 is playing Rend Collective "You Will Never Run". The station is Christian Contemporary as Ian also thought. It's Life 97.9. Here's their jingle to compare: Life_97_9.mp3
    [ Radio and weather geeks, beware. Lake inversion DX, coastal tropo, Korean and coastal Chinese FM, RDS database, and bandscans at http://www.beaglebass.com/dx • Tuner: Samsung Yepp Q2 MP3 player & Grundig G8 • Location: Seoul, Korea (530 mi. ne of Shanghai) • Home DX sites: City Beach, Grand Haven, Mich.; Kruse & Père Marquette Beach, Muskegon, Mich.; Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Mich.; Stearns Park Beach, Ludington, Mich.; Songtan, Korea • Contact me at Chris.Kadlec@gmx.de ]

Thanks, everyone.

Re 97.9 - The "Life" sure got distorted in the meteor burst but the jingle indeed matches as does the style of weather delivery.

Re 97.5 - Right about KJCK. Winnipeg is Power as well, and I saw a reference to "Power morning show" online but with small-caps on the last two words. Had a closer listen to their stream and ruled them out just for sake of certainty. KJCK is in my logbook.

101.9 likely ND. Ruling out IL as result of this info. Will double-check re Monroe LA.

96.1 - another DXer rules out KKPR as it's classic rock without a jingle of the sort heard. Likely Atlanta, which I'll look into.

98.3 - still need to check between NC and AR.

Really appreciate!

Saul
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Thread Information