Thread: Guatemala FM Semi-Unmasked

Default Guatemala FM Semi-Unmasked

Anybody wanna give this a go?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiMoPP3SFk

cd

Got nothing on the 89.1 though it is one station.

There is apparently a town called Palín in Escuintla. He says "en Palín" in the recording. There's also a piece of a phone number "4330"

#10 does mention a church in Zona 7, Quetzaltenango with a program whose title goes like "Jesucristo, Fuente de Agua Viva".

#11 mentions an event at the "Iglesia Pentecostés Dios es Fiel". An uncopyable address and "50 meters from" are given. 4455 51XX is its phone number as in #12. [I just searched this church, learned Pentecostés is the word and not Pentecostal. Phone number is 4455 5130. This is Quetzaltenango.]

#13 - "Programa Variedades de José Hariquiardo" (not sure on the last name at all) with birthdays and a phone number 809 554 ???? and cell/WhatsApp also starting in 809. This matches your province, no doubt: La Altagracia, the easternmost province in the Dominican Republic with cities like Higüey and Punta Cana. Again, that 809 is a sign we've left Guate behind. This also matches the sponsor that results in the provincial mention: Cerámica López, in Higüey.

#14 - Can't copy the site but I hear "punto ??? punto do" which would make sense for a .do (DR) website. All DR domains are third-level so this makes sense.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Ah man...I thought I had PR that evening too, but I didn't mean to mix up DR with C America. Let me change the YT title.

Thanks especially on Quetzaltenango! Is it possible though, that it's NOT the Q't 87.5 station but rather an invitation to visit that church? Would the phone number only work in Q't? Dumb question, but oh well.

I've heard Higuey on 88.7 a few times; that must be what I had.

cd

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    Ah man...I thought I had PR that evening too, but I didn't mean to mix up DR with C America. Let me change the YT title.

Thanks especially on Quetzaltenango! Is it possible though, that it's NOT the Q't 87.5 station but rather an invitation to visit that church? Would the phone number only work in Q't? Dumb question, but oh well.

I've heard Higuey on 88.7 a few times; that must be what I had.

cd
    The phone number had an area code in front of it when I found it on Facebook, which was 502. There was *no* AC on this clip and fairly detailed address info (something about being 50 meters away from something else).
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Default Helping CD out with his FM Es SS dx

I downloaded CD's YouTube video, then used Total Recorder to extract each clip. Looks like Raymie has worked on this some. Any other fluent SS speakers than can decipher, I'm sure Chris would appreciate the help.

I've also included a screen shot of Chris's list for this dx session.

***The Higuey clip is suppose to be 88.7, but I can't seem to delete it and put up the corrected file. I guess they don't want us deleting our attachments :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD 5-16-17 Guatemala Es dx.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	20329  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 05-18-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Good stuff !

Thread Information