Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venezuelan TV Received in Ohio

One thing that might help with the co-channel Venezuelans with the same network is a list of carrier frequencies. Almost impossible to do from here, but it might be possible with my upcoming Jamaica setup as I'll have single-hop capability into most of the country. If I can match my FM catches with TV catches, I might be able to narrow down cities and hopefully precise TV carrier frequencies. I do have some terrain blockage in that direction, but hope that some Es can still make it through.

I'm going to stay with my original assumptions and log these in my logbook as 2-Caracas and 3-Barquisimeto as the most likely. I've never seen Venezuelan TV before, and I did technically "log" these. So they're definitely new logs. The identification is just not totally certain. I suppose there is no way of differentiating between the various other possibilities, so these will likely always remain as one log for each channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    I do think that Cuba borrows some TVes stuff, but the fact that the TVes logo is shown mid-screen would have me think it was part of a promo, as opposed to regular programming with the bug in UR.

As I recall, what I saw from Cuba using TVes was on Multivisi˛n, which is almost all UHF. And, nothing I know from Cuba relays anything live from other countries, except Telesur news & maybe the Olympics.

Andrew, can you tell me exactly what time Saturday you saw this, and what was featured?

cd
    At the same time he was receiving Venezuela on TV I was listening to the Siren on A3 from Coro, which was strong but not strong enough to show video on the TV. No doubt he also had VEN as Bill H also had it. I also had a steady carrier on A3 which could have been Barquisimento.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72░ 30' W/41░ 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Venezuelan TV was received again on May 28th, the second time this month. This is most likely Barquisimeto again at about 2,270 miles. This time, I was trying to ID it over a strong signal coming from Cuba. At the time, Cubavision on channel 3 was airing an English movie called "Passengers" with Spanish subtitles. Venezuela briefly takes over a couple times in the following video with a program called "Domingos con Maduro". Thanks to help from Chad Bryan, I was able to ID the programming from Venezuela. The program logo on my screen matched his much clearer video.

Here is the video... https://youtu.be/qYVvNuYFZrg
    Andrew

My TV and FM DX Photos from Akron, Ohio...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/133179000@N04/albums

Thread Information