Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPC TV 4 Panamá June 1, 2017

I just figured out the math.. kinda..

If you assume the Larcan transmitter is operated at maximum rated power of 30kw instead of the 18kw indicated in the document, you get an ERP of 843.6kW. I would imagine the difference between that figure and the 843080 in the document is the transmission line loss.

I'm not understanding why the 18kw figure appears in the document if they have to operate at 30kw to achieve the specified ERP.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    I sincerely question that; whenever Panamá arrives here, it's TVN on 3 (from Colón) and RPC 4. Ch 2 is almost without fail either a horrible mishmash of nothing at all. The only 2 I got yesterday was a poor TA Dom Rep (two clouds?). I do believe I caught ch 2 Panamá as TVMax once (sister to TVN). cd
    Chris, this reminds me of a conversation you and I had a few years ago about ch 2 Panama, and what looked like it may have been the tvn logo. A soccer match if I recall.
    mike
    TVDXing since 7/27/09

Looking at the entire list of transmitters on the ASEP site...

TVN has three transmitters on channel 2. Of course there's the monster we're discussing. There are also a 12kw transmitter on Volcan Baru which seems to serve the cities of David and Chiriqui (and would be directional south) and a 9kw transmitter on Cerro Atalaya. (which seems to serve Santiago and may be non-directional or directional west)

They have one transmitter on channel 3. 74kw at Cerro Santa Rita, it would indeed seem to be intended to serve Colon and if directional, favors the west.

There is another station listed on channel 3, Telemetro 13 with 168kw. I'm not entirely sure what it's intended to reach and may be non-directional.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

The TVN 3 in Colón is an old friend....seen "muchas veces," including during the opening the other day. Any other 3 in Panamá, not seen here.

cd

Great catch cd. I don't think I will receive Panamá in my location unless it is 2 hop Es. I have been trying for Costa Rica & Belize TV-5.

Thread Information