Thread: Quad Cities radio stations in other states

Default Quad Cities radio stations in other states

Anyone here been able to receive the quad cities radio stations (KMXG, KBEA etc) in other states? Same question here as in my TV stations in other states thread in the TV forum.

P.S. If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to the right place.

I can hear them pretty often from here in Janesville, WI.
    Janesville,WI - Sony XDR-S10HDiP & Kaito KA1103 & Insignia ND-HD01A portable 😜📻🔎📶

FM Log - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    FM Log Map - https://www.easymapmaker.com/map/84a...2f2e84bcf806f0

Quote Originally Posted by JVL DXer View Post
    I can hear them pretty often from here in Janesville, WI.
    Which ones come in there? I know most of their signals can reach there normally (radio-locator.com has a portion of Wisconsin circled in blue on the coverage maps for at least the 100,000 watt stations)

I live in Chillicothe il which is about 100 miles southeast to the quad cities. I can get most stations as stations like 96.1, 96.9, 98.9, 103.7 and 106.5 always come in good. They're considered fringe stations. I find these stations very hard to null on the back side of my antenna. Sometimes I get 103.7 in hd and from time to time even 92.5 the low powered station will come in along with 94.7. Sometimes that mixes in with kmch in Manchester, Iowa. I can also get 93.9 qc and 94.1 in Iowa city all the time. Also with a good null to wcdd 107.9 I can get 107.9 in Waterloo which is 178 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cntlillinoisdxer View Post
    I live in Chillicothe il which is about 100 miles southeast to the quad cities. I can get most stations as stations like 96.1, 96.9, 98.9, 103.7 and 106.5 always come in good. They're considered fringe stations. I find these stations very hard to null on the back side of my antenna. Sometimes I get 103.7 in hd and from time to time even 92.5 the low powered station will come in along with 94.7. Sometimes that mixes in with kmch in Manchester, Iowa. I can also get 93.9 qc and 94.1 in Iowa city all the time. Also with a good null to wcdd 107.9 I can get 107.9 in Waterloo which is 178 miles away.
    That's a lot of stations coming in regularly. I know most times when I lived in the qc, I would get loads of top 40 and classic hits/rock stations from Dixon IL in.

Thread Information