Thread: Radiorama on 88.3?

Default Radiorama on 88.3?

Mystery Thursday night on 88.3 around 7 PM CT: "Radiorama Pais" heard on Spanish fadeup and out. Only Radiorama listed on 88.3 is XHRPR in Chiapas....maybe too far away? I am in Danville IL area.

Wow that would be 2000 miles or so, no? Do you have a recording of it to upload? Raymie is our resident Mexiphile. He could tell you for sure.

cd

88.3? Can't be anything else (88.3 is tumbleweeds in Mexico, with XHRPR as the only commercial station on the frequency at this time). I would want to hear a clip though. I could hear "Radiorama Chiapas" turn into "Radiorama País".

BTW, Tuxtla to Danville is 1,650 miles or so.
    Last edited by Raymie; 07-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Would love to get you a clip, but all DX is done on the car radio! Would have been nice to get a definite ID.

It still is placeable as a tentative log because it can't be anybody else. You're lucky with that frequency.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Eric, IF you have a smartphone, you probably have a voice recorder. Voice recorders can be used for recording radio audio. Then save the audio clip in your phone, then email it to yourself - OR - with your phone, you can upload it to one of the online audio conversion websites where you can convert to mp3...then, upload it here.

However you do it, you want to upload the audio clip to the online conversion website, then you get a link to download the converted audio clip.

Sounds much more complicated than it is. I've done it with my iPhone. It does work.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Just don't record while driving!!

cd

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    Eric, IF you have a smartphone, you probably have a voice recorder. Voice recorders can be used for recording radio audio. Then save the audio clip in your phone, then email it to yourself - OR - with your phone, you can upload it to one of the online audio conversion websites where you can convert to mp3...then, upload it here.

However you do it, you want to upload the audio clip to the online conversion website, then you get a link to download the converted audio clip.

Sounds much more complicated than it is. I've done it with my iPhone. It does work.
    Better yet, I have a good Android app that lets you choose the file format so I use MP3. It's how I've uploaded all my FM DX clips (including the first two I nabbed on a car radio).

Thank you but my phone is not a smart one. I work in radio...money doesn't exist.

We have 88.1 88.3 88.5 and 88.9 free of locals here. Vermilion County is also a dead zone for digital TV, and if I had the funds I would be DXing the heck out of that.

Thread Information