Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for new HDTV

I recently bought a new LG 4K smart TV and I was pretty impressed with the tuner in it, mostly because it comes with manual tuning mode which shows both signal strength and signal quality as a percentage. I can post a video of what it looks like. I had a TCL a few years ago that had both terrible picture and terrible OTA performance. This brand seemed lower end to me unless they've improved over the last several years since I owned one.
    DX Radios:
    Sony XDR-F1HD
    Sony XDR-S10HDiP
    Tecsun PL-390

Quote Originally Posted by spunker88 View Post
    I recently bought a new LG 4K smart TV and I was pretty impressed with the tuner in it, mostly because it comes with manual tuning mode which shows both signal strength and signal quality as a percentage. I can post a video of what it looks like. I had a TCL a few years ago that had both terrible picture and terrible OTA performance. This brand seemed lower end to me unless they've improved over the last several years since I owned one.
    I had a LG about three years ago. The only major problem with it was the picture. If they've improved the picture quality then I am fine with buying one. Tuner was comparable to the Insignia that followed it until I dropped and broke it by accident. LOL

I saw someone on another HDTV board claiming the TCL had a superior tuner to his LG and every other TV he's used in recent years. But that is the only case. My own personal experience has been that SONY, Insignia and LG have excellent tuners. Samsung runs a close second to the top three.

Quote Originally Posted by will62 View Post
    I had a LG about three years ago. The only major problem with it was the picture. If they've improved the picture quality then I am fine with buying one. Tuner was comparable to the Insignia that followed it until I dropped and broke it by accident. LOL

I saw someone on another HDTV board claiming the TCL had a superior tuner to his LG and every other TV he's used in recent years. But that is the only case. My own personal experience has been that SONY, Insignia and LG have excellent tuners. Samsung runs a close second to the top three.
    Frankly, I miss the analog Trinitron I used to own. A beaut'! HDTV Schm'HDTV!

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU1OFgxNjAw/z/kcoAAOSwX3NZa-0a/$_58.JPG

(Hmmm no hyperlink? Oh well, copy/paste.)

cd

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    Frankly, I miss the analog Trinitron I used to own. A beaut'! HDTV Schm'HDTV!

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU1OFgxNjAw/z/kcoAAOSwX3NZa-0a/$_58.JPG

(Hmmm no hyperlink? Oh well, copy/paste.)

cd

I had one of those circa 1984. Great TV. Upgraded to a Curtis Mathis a few years later. Had that hooked up to a CM 4251 and CM Crossfire VHF. 3617 if I recall. The best Crossfire. Was able to pick up a ton of stations from West Hartford, CT in such places as Long Island, Providence and Boston. Could not get NYC due to the mountains and our low elevation in WH. Had the antennas on a 48 foot free standing Rohn tower.

Thread Information