Thread: México FM stations on the air

Default México FM stations on the air

In the WTFDA FM database, 89.5 XHXY Cd. Altamirano, Guerrero is listed as possibly not being on the air. An extensive search on Google for XHXY yields no results, other than the listing in the DB and the Wikipedia listing (which I believe is Raymie's page).

The search for XEXY 980 AM, the parent/sister station yields a link to a Tune In stream. I went to it and streamed the station for about an hour and decided to record the TOH (11:00 am 9-17-17) to see if they make any reference to an FM station. My ears don't hear anything like that, but I have uploaded the audio file here, in case there is something of interest and a Spanish speaking person detects something worthwhile. About five minutes before the hour, right before I started recording, they ran an XEXY liner, but it wasn't a complete ID.

The tech sheet for XEXY/XHXY is found here...
    http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/090252648002c193.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

I believe XHXY to never have been built, but do not have definitive proof.

The sister to XEXY is XERY in Arcelia (both stations are owned by the estate of Rafael García Vergara, who built and signed them on). We *know* XERY decided not to migrate, having renounced the authorization to do so — its 2015 concession renewal says as much. I believe the same thing happened in Ciudad Altamirano.

The clip does not have a single station ID.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thread Information