Thread: Central-South Americans

Hybrid View

Default Central-South Americans

The following are unIDed but with audio I think might be IDable. Any leads would be appreciated:

540: Nov 1 at 0639 EDT: Brief clip includes possible IDable material, including mention of Mexico. I am betting on XEWA San Luis Potosi but checking in here just in case I'm mistaken and it's something different.

840: Oct 23 at 0701 EDT: Sounds like some kind of sporting play-by-play, u.WHAS. Hoping something IDable here, or can at least identify the teams and/or the sport. Seems an odd time for live sports unless it's a rebroadcast.

1100: Nov 5 from 0000-0002 EDT: WTAM audio cut out for two minutes after the 0000 EDT TOH, leaving just an open carrier, and I happened to be on the channel pointed south. There are two Spoanish-language stations here. The WTAM carrier is quite strong but the signals get better as the clip goes on. I think one station might ID right off the bat, then go to soft music. More talk at about 0:30 and as the second station gains strength I hear possible pips and what sounds like IDable content. The clip ends with a rooster. WTAM audio then returned.

1210: Nov 1 2359 EDT and Nov 2 0027 EDT: Two clips, Spanish under WPHT. Very weak on both Clips A & B, but there are moments where talk rises enough that I think fluent ears might catch something. Especially Clip B.

Any leads are appreciated, with thanks!

Saul / Burnt River ON
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

I have a feeling the 840 is a morning show. I found more from Oct 27, a few days after the Oct 23 reception. Same time, sounds much the same, and sounds more like a morning show than live sports. My bet is La Raza in South Carolina, though I can always hope for something from Mexico. The loudest part of the Oct 27 clip attached here...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

540 - Los 40, Music Inspires Life. It's a promo for tickets for some event in Mexico City (and a little mention of Guadalajara). Maybe the radio show is from the national feed. It could be XEWA San Luis Potosí or XEWA Monterrey.

Sorry about the other clips. Spanish voices in those clips are very weak I couldn't identify anything.

Thanks, Gargadon. Hated to toss these without at least one last ditch attempt. Thank you for listening; it's very much appreciated!
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

My 1210 might possibly be KUBR San Juan TX. I'll start a new thread in something other than the unID section, because I have solid enough clips from Nov 14...
    With thanks to everyone for giving these (above) clips a spin...
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Thread Information