Thread: Hello! im new and from texoma!

Default Hello! im new and from texoma!

If you do not know what texoma is its just counties around the oklahoma-texas border and stuff. I have gotten some tv dx's before from Waco Texas which is hundreds of miles away and also FM DX from Wichita Falls Texas which is about 130miles away from my city (denison texas) I hope i can get into DXing as i just got a new Sony XDR Radio. I also have a tv antenna but it probably will not do any good as its an indoor antenna's direct 50+ miles antenna that i don't even get great reception on the local channels with it. We only get 2 channels in the area but we get all of the major networks (through sub channels and main channels). We live somewhere near Dallas but far enough that we cannot receive the tv stations. We are able to pick up Dallas radio here but its weak signals. If i want to get a good signal i always have to fidget around with my antenna or whatever. Well im new here and hope to get into DXing!

Welcome Chris from Denison TX! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the WTFDA Forums and no one tries to give you any wooden nickels! I am an active DTV dxer here in SW MO and periodically get KTEN 26/10 Ada OK @ 268 miles and KXII 12 Sherman TX @ 294 miles. Maybe two or three times a year I will get most of the DFW Metroplex TV stations. Of course I am flying with TV antennas 25' on a rotator.

Glad to have you here!
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

to be honest i don't get any of the dallas channels here and we only get kten and kxii here

Thread Information