Thread: If ESPN covered Mexico City AM radio......

Default If ESPN covered Mexico City AM radio......

....it would be part of their "C'Mon Man!" feature.

Check these out, and read synopses.

I believe that one of our members has said that these stations only care to cover the Ciudad now. Sorry, but I don't believe their on-air claims. Both these stations stream, so you can hear better.

See these below. How am I on clickbait?

cd

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhMn1ZFWQU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulLDGYQkrI

50 to 100 kw is needed to just overcome the man-made noise level in Mexico City. Most of the lower power AMs do not have good coverage in the outer areas of the metro, particularly those in the State of Mexico outside CDMX. There is, however, no commercial purpose or gain in covering outside the metro area.

I've seen the same in Buenos Aires, where we had to directionalize a 100 kw AM on 710 just to get satisfactory coverage of the metro area by pumping more signal over the city rather than being non-directional.

^ I would agree with that, David. Actually it was *you* to whom I referred in the OP; maybe something I saw posted on RD. Can't remember.

50 kW all day would do the trick. I uploaded an XEW 900 video as well, about 2 weeks ago; it was the first time I heard a mention of "W Radio" on 900 since maybe the 70s or 80s. I remember hearing the former 900 in Veracruz about 3 years ago, since gone. 900 now has the strong Cuban Progreso, not to mention WSWN which is *supposed* to use only 22 watts at night---um....

cd

Thread Information