Thread: Brazil (and possibly Venezuela?) Es Unids - May 2017

Default Brazil (and possibly Venezuela?) Es Unids - May 2017

Hi all,

I'm using some delightful free time during this holiday week to clear out a few TB's of SDR IQ data of DX from 2017.

One of the DX openings in my partially-reviewed collection is an Es opening from Puerto Rico to the Roraima province of northern Brazil. At least, that's where all the positive ID's where, including the 93.3, 94.1, and 94.9 stations in Boa Vista, RR, Brazil. In addition to a TV-6, 87.9 and some other very weak Unids (let me know if you are a Portugese speaker and feeling ambitious...), these are some possibly identifiable clips.

The first two clips are the same suspected station on 95.9. It sounds to me like it is possibly a news / information station, discussing politics and news affairs.

The second, more interesting (IMO) clip, is also Portugese talk, but at the 1:55 mark, and in the latter half of the 5 minute clip, there is Spanish language music and what sounds to me like a possible jingle / ID & timecheck (Puerto Rico time was 17:29, so this would be a few minutes behind?). Based on the endpoints in Northern Brazil, I'm speculating this could perhaps be Venezuelan? It's definitely not Puerto Rican, nothing else was observed on 97.1 and there are no FCC records for a licensed station on 97.1 in Puerto Rico.
    Bryce Foster - K4NBF (formerly KG6VSW)
    Hermitage, TN EM66
    www.k4nbf.com

Tuners:
    Elad FDM-S2 SDR
    Sony XDR-F1HD

Antennas:
    Innovanntenna 10 Element FM beam (primary) @35 ft
    Winegard HD-6065 (phase) @25 ft with Bolin Phase Box
    Tennadyne T2 V/UHF log periodic @ 30 ft

Sounds like "Entre estación" or "Cantre".
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thanks Raymie for taking a listen! The same station pops up later in the clip (around 4:40) with a song that seems possibly religious in nature, and research since this post seems to indicate that the most geographically nearby Venezuelan station is probably this one, "La Voz de Clama", a religious station.

I'm not sure what this jingle is, but I'm thinking of reaching out to them and seeing if they recognize it.
    Hermitage, TN EM66
    www.k4nbf.com

Tuners:
    Elad FDM-S2 SDR
    Sony XDR-F1HD

Antennas:

Searching the lyrics yields nothing, but I agree that it might be religious. Also, the name of that station is "La Voz que Clama" (The Voice that Cries Out).

I'm now hearing the jingle as "En Tu Estación", but the second half is what matters and I can't copy this.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Shazam is stumped, as it doesn't even recognize that song, after *listening* to it a dozen times!
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Yeah, I struck out on the song as well. I went ahead and clipped out the jingle and possible ID and sent it to the e-mail address on the station's website. Hopefully they are still monitoring their 2008 hotmail e-mail address!
    Hermitage, TN EM66
    www.k4nbf.com

Tuners:
    Elad FDM-S2 SDR
    Sony XDR-F1HD

Antennas:

Thread Information