Thread: Where's the (W)FUN in this?!

Default Where's the (W)FUN in this?!

Here is a screenshot of WFUN-LD 48 that has been like this continuously I would say for 1 month now.

I emailed parent AmericaTeVe (owner also of WJAN 41) weeks ago, to ask them to shut this thing off. If they don't care for DXers, at least they can save on their own electric bill, n'est-ce pas?

This reminds me....if the cartoon character Pepe le Pew saw this, he would say something like, "pitiful, is it not?"....and to the TV DXer, just like Pepe, this stinks.

cd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	21263  

Looks like the link between their studio & transmitter isn't working. Be grateful it's just a month: we had a LP here in Nashville that broadcast nothing but unID color bars for at least two years...

Speaking of studio-transmitter links... Jim Thomas forwarded a copy of the decision licensing a new station in Honduras. The station plans to use a rather out-of-the-way link. Programming will be sent by optical fiber to a satellite uplink -- in Miami -- from where it will be uplinked for reception at the four transmitters. (including the one a few miles away in Tegucigalpa)
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

OK, well there is always a reason. WFUN serves the areas in Miami & South Broward that WJAN cannot reach down south.

I just wonder how many complaints AmericaTeVe has received.

I drive by their studios in Hialeah Gardens on the way to my work.

Interesting re Honduras.

c d

Quote Originally Posted by cd637299 View Post
    I just wonder how many complaints AmericaTeVe has received.
    Probably just yours. :/ The TVs at home simply ignore stations without subchannels, or delete them if they were earlier scanned in. The muggles never know a station is there, just us DXers.

FL Power & Light is certainly having (W)FUN billing them. Of course I'm sure the owners would tell you all about how broke they are, even as they blatantly throw money away. I don't have a business degree, so I don't know why that's smart. Even if it's to keep the license they'd only need to flip on the transmitter for one day a year. There was an -LP in NY in the 90s that did that.

Hmm....FWIW, 48 might be returning. Tonight I see a similar image on screen to what's in the OP, with two exceptions:

(1) PSIP on 48-1 "ATV" hath returned;

(2) the 48-2 channel, also with black screen, is back, with PSIP "TVEO".

All that being said, playing with the Insignia remote, going back to Channel Edit from the 48's, even though the "48" on the box was in black, meaning it should now be stored, neither 48-1 nor -2 show on the list! It goes back to 45-5 "SALSA". I must be doing something wrong. Not that I care much....

cd

Thread Information