Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Automated DTV scanning and logging web page

JimS, you didn't mention this - IS it possible you have a bad coax connection somewhere? IF you have eliminated that as a possibility, please add that to your observations above or add a comment to that regard.

Besides DTV dxing, my other TV hobby is FTA satellite. Whenever I have signal issues that are affecting the receiver in general, the first thing I check are all the connections. I don't just mean that a connection isn't screwed in tight, BUT, perhaps a connector has developed a bad ground (loose) and needs to be replaced. Your comment that the HDHR isn't locking on much except the strong signals makes me suspicious of the integrity of your coax run.

Suggestion - starting at the tuner, work your way back to the antenna, checking all connections in the coax run. IF you have any splitters/combiners in the coax run, test it by removing it and temporarily have a straight run to the HDHR. Eliminate ANYTHING that could possibly be bad.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 11-07-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Thread Information