Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Automated DTV scanning and logging web page

Sorry, all, about the long-running outage (since Thursday afternoon). Russ is out of town and, in any case, the current plan is to repair the original server which would mean moving everything onto the new one just long enough to move it all back to the old one again. I still don't have an ETA, but I'm posting updates as I have them here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thre...s-down.360710/

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Trip, I appreciate the site and the work you've done over the years to keep it updated. Thanks. Steve

I echo Steve's comments - thanks for the update and for keeping the site going.

Tommy

Sorry to see all the hassle you have to go through, Trip.

I did make a version of the scanning program that will run on Windows and let DXers run their scanners. It is not graphical, but will give a list of received stations and distance to transmitters. It will also send data to Rabbitears when it is back up.

Mike
    Mike Glass N9BNN
    Lebanon, IN
    EM69

Quote Originally Posted by mikegmach1 View Post
    Sorry to see all the hassle you have to go through, Trip.

I did make a version of the scanning program that will run on Windows and let DXers run their scanners. It is not graphical, but will give a list of received stations and distance to transmitters. It will also send data to Rabbitears when it is back up.

Mike
    Thanks, Mike. You really are the inventive engineer with computers and computer programming. It seems to be working very well at the Milford, IL remote DX site. Here's a screenshot I took a few minutes ago of what I'm seeing working the setup from home in Indy. The black screen is the new scanning program that Mike developed. It's very similar to the info we get back from Rabbitears. Great job, Mike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot of IL autoscanner may 25 2016.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	18767

Quote Originally Posted by indysteve View Post
    Thanks, Mike. You really are the inventive engineer with computers and computer programming. It seems to be working very well at the Milford, IL remote DX site. Here's a screenshot I took a few minutes ago of what I'm seeing working the setup from home in Indy. The black screen is the new scanning program that Mike developed. It's very similar to the info we get back from Rabbitears. Great job, Mike.
    Yes, than you Mike for hooking me up with this software. Here is what my screenshot looks like...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	18769
    Andrew

My TV and FM DX Photos from Akron, Ohio...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/133179000@N04/albums

Thanks, guys, for the kudos. I am planning an update already. The current program uses a database file that is with the package, but it is out of date. The next version will have live data fetching from the FCC, which is how it was originally. I liked having a local database since I didn't want to rely on Internet access to the FCC. But, up to date info is best!
    Mike Glass N9BNN
    Lebanon, IN
    EM69

I would love to get a copy of that. Been missing sending my data to rabbit ears. Can you send me a copy ?

Probably tomorrow. I can't email because if contains an executable file. I have been using TeamViewer to deliver a compressed file to a computer. Let me know what you can do.

Mike
    Mike Glass N9BNN
    Lebanon, IN
    EM69

Quote Originally Posted by mikegmach1 View Post
    Probably tomorrow. I can't email because if contains an executable file. I have been using TeamViewer to deliver a compressed file to a computer. Let me know what you can do.

Mike
    If you want, I can upload it to my server. It's the least I can do.

To give a quick update, Russ and the guy dealing with the server have been missing each other, so I still don't know when it will be back, but I assume once they make contact and Russ lets him know what is needed, it. It's not the only thing that's still not working, but certainly the most important at this point.

- Trip
    Come visit RabbitEars for all your digital TV subchannel informational needs.

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

Thread Information