Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: MW DX from Enid OK by Glenn Hauser

Mostly Mexican MWDX to Enid OK, April 29-May 4, 2017

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as
    http://www.hard-core-dx.com/index.php?topic=Hauser

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:
    http://www.worldofradio.com/dxldmid.html

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
    http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...-Hauser/page58
    [over 213,000 views! as of May 4, 2017]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 620, May 1 at 0415, ``La Norteña``, 91.7 ID, i.e. XEBU Chihuahua2, 5000/250 watts, but not unusual here at night, often over US stations. I don`t think they said ``Norteñita`` as listed this time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, May 1 at 0416, surprised to find XEROK VG at S9+30, blowing away KQCV OKC; usually it`s the other way around. But now XEROK does sound like a borderblaster. Mentions Ciudad Juárez, promo for 800, songs

[later on May 1, CKLW programming was reported by CTV Windsor, via Artie Bigley, to have moved to sibling station CKWW 580, due to a fire in the CKLW transmitter, so that 800 is off, opening for DX?] (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, May 4 at 0449 UT, XEROK music blasting over KQCV OKC like a cannon. I really think it must have ramped up to full power lately of 50 kW ND, which means it`s probably tearing up KQCV in parts of OKC as well, outside its main lobe, supposedly protecting XEROK. Seems like I have a pipeline from the WSW, with 1020 KCKN also inbooming, but I really think it`s the stations, not propagation (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 4-11, 2017

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
    http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...-Hauser/page59
    [over 215,000 views! as of May 11, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, May 7 at 0112 UT, marine weather by YL in French at S7. Didn`t really expect to hear it under summer noise conditions, but just after sunset here so darkish path exists. Per
    http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/Marine-Comm...es-Information
    starting at 0040 it`s VCO Sydney NS from Port Caledonia site, but doesn`t say they transmit any French (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===========

** OKLAHOMA. 1420.0, May 10 at 1224 UT, CBS Sports Radio // 1390 KCRC Enid, of which this is the long-standing spur. Usually it makes an audible het with real 1420 stations, but either accidentally or deliberately, KCRC has tightened up the spur so that now it only makes a fast SAH. Ditto the other one on 1360.0. Also makes it harder to detect the second-order much weaker spurs at 2 x 30 kHz above and below, i.e. 1330 & 1450 (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. 540, May 5 at 2056 UT on caradio, KDFT Ferris [Metroplex] TX in Spanish giving a 214 AC number, and somewhat above KWMT IA, on daytime groundwaves via caradio about 15 miles north of Enid (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, May 10 at 1220 UT, ``This is KBXD, Dallas`` ID loop with percussion repeating every 9 seconds --- a DXer`s dream! No more longer loop offering station ``for rent``. Does this mean they got a bite but not yet digested? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1877, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1630, May 7 at 0129 UT, S9+15 of dead air, loops for KKGM Fort Worth TX, my closest and usual dominator. By 0132 UT I make out a bit of music, maybe KKGM just barely modulated. Format is gospel. Sounds like English, so not KRND WY; 0143 UT now some talk under, presumably KCJJ IA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1700, May 7 at 0129 UT, Spanish play-by-play of a game involving a pelota, mentions Colombia, so KKLF Richardson TX ``Banda 13`` is a sports station at the moment (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 2097.3-CW, May 8 at 0316, beacon A is JBA apparently every 10 seconds, but some of them are missed in noise level; from Quartzsite AZ. This thing is apparently always on, and ought to go further than here in quiet night-path conditions (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly Mexican MWDX this week]

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 12-18, 2017

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

[over 216,000 views! as of May 18, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 1480, May 16 at 1232 UT, yes, KBXD Dallas has a new ``renter`` --- Spanish monolog preaching, Jesucristo-this & that, and plugging newly on 14-80; mostly below KQAM which I can`t null completely, making a 72/minute SAH = 1.2 Hz. It`s a pain to have to listen to the latter, with a diehard Wichita local host Trumpster, still partisan to the corrupt, treasonous, incompetent, minority mis-elected Trumpence regime. The preacher mentions another AM frequency before 14-80, which I have trouble copying; at 1239 UT brief CCI from a third station with praise music. KBXD fading down as hourtop approaches, but 1258 UT canned English ID as heard before, ``KBXD, 1480, Dallas``, a bit of music, and then Spanish ID mentioning Wylie-Dallas-Fort Worth, studio address, fade; 1301 UT a 972 AC phone number, YL now; 1302 UT Spanish song and repeated requests by a different OM for reception reports, how far are they reaching now that they have 50,000 watts on 1480, Waco? I finally copy the first frequency definitely as 700, and apparently going to do this until next program at 8:15 am CT. So 1480 is duplicating 700 KHSE, CoL Wylie, which counts upon only 1500/920 watts U4. Too late this morning to get it, altho under best conditions is barely audible on groundwave and at night skywave with plenty WLW QRM.

Related from radio-insight.com: ``Station Sales Week Of 5/13: By Lance Venta on May 13, 2016 No Comments --- Mark Jorgenson’s ACM JCE IV B LLC sells 1480 KBXD Dallas to Chris Muse for $1.5 million plus a $13,000 payment to break the station’s tower lease``

So it`s not only been rented but sold. What`s this about the tower lease? Are they moving somewhere else again? BTW, right next to it from Venta is an item about Amarillo 99.7 Fun FM called ``KBXD`` as well, but WTFDA FM Database shows its correct call is KBZD (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1878, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, May 18 at 1200 UT, my DX-398 AM sexion is still tuned to 1480 from yesterday morning, so I turn on KBXD again; in Spanish with slogan ``Estás en sintonía de [algo] Esperanza``, then English almost-legal canned ID thrice, ``KBXD 1480 Dallas``. Then ad mentioning ``Radio Setecientos A-M`` for KHSE 700 which is now being duplicated on 1480. Then Esperanza slogan or program name again, later preaching. (Both Wikipedia and Radio-Locator have way outdated info on KHSE as ``FunAsia``). KHSE is attributed to Hammond Broadcasting, but not KBXD, yet John Hammond was the one calling for ``renters`` of 1480 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1500, May 18 at 1208 UT, KJIM Sherman TX is dominant over KSTP and/or OK`s KPGM, with `Osgood File` after CBS News. Charles` aging voice is evident, but he`s still ``seeing us`` on the radio, no longer on TV`s Sunday Morning, outro referring to his social media activity. 1211 UT local announcer ID as K-Jim, and also K267CB on 103.1, I wrote and thought he said, but really on 101.3; Then plays NWS robot with some hum, forecasts for several days ahead, mostly showers and T-storms (like Enid, high risk of tornados May 18). ``America`s best music, the memory-maker, AM 1500, K-jim``. Still a small local station with a distinctive format (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, May 16 at 1230 UT, promo for a show on ``Estrella TV, Canal 29``, which we long ago pegged to The Metroplex market; and string of ESPN Deportes promos, from KZMP University Park, now on 32 kW day power (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1690, May 16 at 1223 UT, local news on a change of personnel at KMGH (channel ``7`` named originally for McGraw-Hill publishing), non-ID as `Denver`s Money Talk` from KDMT Arvada/Lakewood (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly Mexican MWDX again this week]

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 12-18, 2017

[over 216,000 views! as of May 18, 2017]

** U S A. 1480, May 16 at 1232 UT, yes, KBXD Dallas has a new ``renter`` --- Spanish monolog preaching, Jesucristo-this & that, and plugging newly on 14-80; mostly below KQAM which I can`t null completely, making a 72/minute SAH = 1.2 Hz. It`s a pain to have to listen to the latter, with a diehard Wichita local host Trumpster, still partisan to the corrupt, treasonous, incompetent, minority mis-elected Trumpence regime. The preacher mentions another AM frequency before 14-80, which I have trouble copying; at 1239 UT brief CCI from a third station with praise music. KBXD fading down as hourtop approaches, but 1258 UT canned English ID as heard before, ``KBXD, 1480, Dallas``, a bit of music, and then Spanish ID mentioning Wylie-Dallas-Fort Worth, studio address, fade; 1301 UT a 972 AC phone number, YL now; 1302 UT Spanish song and repeated requests by a different OM for reception reports, how far are they reaching now that they have 50,000 watts on 1480, Waco? I finally copy the first frequency definitely as 700, and apparently going to do this until next program at 8:15 am CT. So 1480 is duplicating 700 KHSE, CoL Wylie, which counts upon only 1500/920 watts U4. Too late this morning to get it, altho under best conditions is barely audible on groundwave and at night skywave with plenty WLW QRM.

Related from radio-insight.com: ``Station Sales Week Of 5/13: By Lance Venta on May 13, 2016 No Comments --- Mark Jorgenson’s ACM JCE IV B LLC sells 1480 KBXD Dallas to Chris Muse for $1.5 million plus a $13,000 payment to break the station’s tower lease``

So it`s not only been rented but sold. What`s this about the tower lease? Are they moving somewhere else again? BTW, right next to it from Venta is an item about Amarillo 99.7 Fun FM called ``KBXD`` as well, but WTFDA FM Database shows its correct call is KBZD (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1878, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, May 18 at 1200 UT, my DX-398 AM sexion is still tuned to 1480 from yesterday morning, so I turn on KBXD again; in Spanish with slogan ``Estás en sintonía de [algo] Esperanza``, then English almost-legal canned ID thrice, ``KBXD 1480 Dallas``. Then ad mentioning ``Radio Setecientos A-M`` for KHSE 700 which is now being duplicated on 1480. Then Esperanza slogan or program name again, later preaching. (Both Wikipedia and Radio-Locator have way outdated info on KHSE as ``FunAsia``). KHSE is attributed to Hammond Broadcasting, but not KBXD, yet John Hammond was the one calling for ``renters`` of 1480 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1500, May 18 at 1208 UT, KJIM Sherman TX is dominant over KSTP and/or OK`s KPGM, with `Osgood File` after CBS News. Charles` aging voice is evident, but he`s still ``seeing us`` on the radio, no longer on TV`s Sunday Morning, outro referring to his social media activity. 1211 UT local announcer ID as K-Jim, and also K267CB on 103.1, I wrote and thought he said, but really on 101.3; Then plays NWS robot with some hum, forecasts for several days ahead, mostly showers and T-storms (like Enid, high risk of tornados May 18). ``America`s best music, the memory-maker, AM 1500, K-jim``. Still a small local station with a distinctive format (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, May 16 at 1230 UT, promo for a show on ``Estrella TV, Canal 29``, which we long ago pegged to The Metroplex market; and string of ESPN Deportes promos, from KZMP University Park, now on 32 kW day power (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1690, May 16 at 1223 UT, local news on a change of personnel at KMGH (channel ``7`` named originally for McGraw-Hill publishing), non-ID as `Denver`s Money Talk` from KDMT Arvada/Lakewood (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly Mexican MWDX again this week]

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 19-25, 2017

[over 218,000 views! as of May 25, 2017]

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 20 at 1817 UT, KOKP Perry, semi-local ``Triple Play Sports Radio`` is off, while its usually // sibling 1580 KOKB Blackwell is fine. If it keeps off, that will clear the way for KCKN Roswell at night with WWRV 1330 NYC relay. During my bandscan at the kite field, rest filed under USA (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 21 at 2201 UT check, KOKP Perry is off the air for at least the second day in a row; and at 1646 UT check May 22, at least third day in a row (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 24 at 1403 UT check, KOKP Perry is still off the air, as it has been since at least May 20. Is there any explanation at
    http://tripleplaysportsradio.com/
    Of course not! But soon to be redubbed Double Play Sports Radio (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1020, May 24 at 1849 UT, KOKP Perry is finally back on the air with sports talk; it was still missing earlier today at 1403 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1050, May 25 at 1818 UT, from a quiet parking lot in western Enid, non-ID as ``All-new Heart & Soul 99.1 FM, Pulse of the City``, which refers to K256CR of KGTO Tulsa, per NRC AM Log. Slight CCI from the 1050 in Lawton, on non-direxional carantenna (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1260, May 22 at 0242 UT tune-by, ``KWSH, Today`s Best Country``, from 1/1 kW U2 Wewoka station, better than I can hear it on daytime groundwave, and likely on ND day pattern instead of night with a notch toward Enid. NRC AM Log had slogan as `The station you grew up with`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 720, UT Monday May 22 at 0255 UT, somestation here is playing music of somesort --- could it possibly be WGN? Yes, per sked at 9-11 pm CDT Sundays: ``After Hours with Rick Kogan: Chicago photographs, music, clocks and the making of Teddy Roosevelt --- Tonight on the program, Rick Kogan delved into the worlds of music, photography, clocks and history. To begin, publishers Richard Cahan and Michael Williams joined Rick in studio to talk about their new book, "Chicago: Classic Photographs." Then, Ben Montalbano from local band Matthäus joined Rick and producer Lise to debut his band’s brand new song, "To the Years," and talk about his upcoming EP. Jason Matthiesen from the Chicago Clock Company called in to talk about the business’ 100th…
    Read more`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 780-CUSB, May 22 at 0253 UT, C&W music with no LSB, which is how KCEG Fountain CO transmits, why? Tuning LSB I hear only WBBM, while on USB they are mixing. As I said concerning KHAC 880, Sept 11, 2014, `` We are wondering if lacking LSB is a defect or deliberate employment of the Kahn Powerside System``. Here`s one thread about it:
    http://www.broadcastengineering.info...php?f=2&t=3124
    (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1020, UT Monday May 22 at 0249 UT, Spanish sermon dominant from KCKN Roswell NM, obviously high power, 50 kW, and not protecting Pittsburgh, also in the continuing absence of my nearby KOKP Perry OK. Understation has religion in English which fits for KDKA on Sunday night, EDT: ``9p-11p Amplify with Father Ron Lengwin`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, May 21 at 2201 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS is off the air for at least the second day in a row; and May 22 at 1646 UT, at least the third day in a row (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, May 24 at 1403 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS is still off the air, since at least May 20. Is there any explanation at
    http://rockingmradio.com/kley-100-31130/
    Of course not! Don`t know about 100.3 FM (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1879, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

KLEY 1130 KS is still off at 1849 UT May 24, and also circa 1315 UT May 25 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, KBXD Dallas TX, re my recent logs and comments:

Hi Glenn, Sorry for the delay. Waiting to hear from my guy in Dallas. A John Hammond is buying or leasing the station but nothing has been accepted for filing by the FCC yet. I will find out the story on the Chris Muse. The audio from 700 is just a placeholder to have something on the air.
    Maybe Jorgenson had to break the lease with Salem to go forward with a deal. I know he's been badly wanting to get rid of the station. With seven towers, no way in the world would they want to move the site and do two complete engineering studies and rebuilds. Regards, (Jerry Kiefer, FL, ex-KBXD, May 21, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, The Muse deal didn't fly. "That was a year ago, that fell through" --- Mike Van Hooser quote (Kiefer, May 22, ibid.)

** U S A. 1700, May 22 at 0241 UT, KKLF Richardson TX with ``My Heart Is a Ghost Town`` rock song in English, 0243 UT ``al ritmo con – música, Banda 13``, into rock song in Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly Mexican MWDX again this week -- but I had plenty of Mexican FM DX May 25 which you will have to read about elsewhere]

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 26-June 8, 2017

[over 222,000 views! as of June 8, 2017]

** U S A. 1630 kHz, June 3 at 0610 UT, open carrier/dead air from KKGM TX, atop KCJJ Iowa City, ``The Mighty 1630`` ID by the latter at 0614 UT. Checking since Mark Sills, Dallas, informed me June 2 at 1603 UT that his 1630 station had been putting out a ``loud roar for a couple of days with feedback``. He tried calling them, but no answer or disconnected. At 1609 UT he followed up, that he had reached someone at a sibling station who said it was the phone company`s fault, as they were unable to contact the transmitter to turn it off. I say, you`d think that after a few days, they should have managed to physically enter the transmitter site if that was the only way to control it!

1630, June 4 at 0611 UT, KKGM Fort Worth TX (street address in Dallas; QSL address in Lexington KY per NRC AM Log), is still diffusing dead air, atop KCJJ Iowa making a SAH of about 7 Hz with it (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1881, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

1630, June 8 at 0608 UT check, gospel music, presumed KKGM TX back in whack after days of dead air, still with SAH of about 7 Hz from KCJJ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[Mostly FM DX this biweek, and `Mostly Mexican` is really something heard on FM about a new 50 kW AM station in Alaska, which you might consider domestic]

Mostly Mexican MWDX to Enid OK, May 5-June 8, 2017

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also HF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

[over 222,000 views! as of June 8, 2017]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 E-W longwire

Note: it seems I have had no Mexican MWDX (FM is another matter) since May 4 --- sunrises are just too early this time of year for SRS DX --- got to sleep sometime. But I want to keep this thread going, at least with a sort of non-domestic item about a non-heard station!

** ALASKA [non]. 89.3, June 5 at 1910 UT I happen to tune nearby KIEL Loyal OK, as Ron Myers is talking about the ``Mission Alaska`` project of Radio 74 Internationale, trying to raise money. I only hear the last part of it: To put a 50 kW AM station on the air before the CP expires next January. Needs to get work done on the antenna site this summer before everything freezes; but still raising funds of $150K to purchase the land. See http://www.radio74.net so I research further:

It`s for 50 kW on 1200 kHz from Chugiak AK. More about it here:
    https://www.radio74.net/alaska-project-brochure
    which talks about this to bring Adventist/3ABN programming to Alaska.
    As if Alaskans have no gospel huxters on radio already.

Yet this page, https://www.radio74.net/about-us
    says ``RADIO 74 INTERNATIONALE is an independent Christian ministry and is not sponsored, regulated or controlled by any denomination or religious organization.`` {My impression is that KIEL is really predominantly or nothing but 7DA, e.g. `Your Story Hour` until 1629 UT June 7}

More, if it will ever load:
    https://www.radio74.net/blog

NRC AM Log shows 1200 as ``K#8 Chugiak AK U1 50000/9600 new not on air ``. FCC AM Query says licensee is Steve King, and there was correspondence about this dating back to May of 2010. Is 74 trying to acquire the CP from King, or is he the front for 74 all along?

Where is Chugiak? 32 km NE of downtown Anchorage per Wikipedia. On a US map including Okie station, own website also shows they have two other stations in Alaska. The affiliate list can be found under the LISTEN drop-down, which is not a link to webcasts. The AK stations are on FM in Juneau and North Pole (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 9-15, 2017

[over 223,000 views! as of June 15, 2017]

** U S A. 1130, June 11 at 1223 UT, KLEY Wellington KS is still AWOL. Had not rechecked it lately, but first noted off as of May 20. Gone for good? Have they notified FCC? On the 1130 DF toward Shreveport I do have a weak gospel huxter this Sunday from KWKH.

1130, June 15 circa 1830 UT check, KLEY Wellington, Kansas, is still off the air: 250 watt daytimer was easy on groundwave here, not at night with (ha, ha) ONE watt.

Wikipedia entry leads to this website:
    http://rockingmradio.com/kley-100-31130/

Claims format is A/C, plus sports, plus farm-and-ranch. 100.3, which is really a negligible FM translator, K262CQ, now gets top billing, and the frequencies sort of match. But if the translator is still operational (too far from here to tell under normal conditions), how long can that last without the AM primary being on the air? Is there a loophole? jpg graphic shows kleythewave.com but that website (also with www.) is imaginary, still for sale by godaddy. KLEY was poorly managed, captured sometimes with long dead air periods, but at least the 1130 carrier was on. I should also seek sibling stations on 1550, 92.7. We drive right by them on the road to Wichita, so maybe next time an eyeball QSO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, June 11 at 1228 UT, KBXD Dallas making slow 1 Hz SAH with KQAM Wichita English talker. Praise music in Spanish, 1234 UT plug some upcoming revivals, 877 phone number, Iglesia Evangélica la Nueva Esperanza. So it is still presumably greatly extending the reach of 700 KHSE by duplicating it with 50 kW day.

On June 8 I received this enlightening info from Jerry Kiefer, FL, who used to work for KBXD:

``Glenn, The circus is about to move on. Here's the last chapter in the KBXD saga.

Yet another sale of Dallas AM KBXD/1480, a year after last year’s transaction with Georgia-based Chris Muse failed to close. That one was for $1.5 million (May 11, 2016 NOW Newsletter). The backup buyer is John S. Hammond and Linda Hammond’s Hammond Broadcasting Group, a niche-format player based right there in Dallas. They’re paying $600,000 for KBXD, which has a six-tower daytime directional array blasting 50,000 watts, and a four-tower directional array for the 1,900-watt night signal. This year’s price and last year’s price are more comparable than you’d think – separately, Hammond’s buying the Salem-owned KBXD site for $600,000.

The seller of KBXD is the patient Mark Jorgenson of "ACM JCE IV B LLC." That company took over KBXD and three other AMs previously held by James Crystal Enterprises out of the 2015 bankruptcy auction. (The debt-holder was Atalaya Capital.) Buyer Hammond Broadcasting has begun an LMA with KBXD, adding to its interests around Dallas-Fort Worth.

Quick list of those - Hammond Broadcasting owns [ex-] South Asian KHSE Wylie, Texas/700. John’s a principal of Texoma Broadcasting, licensee of South Asian daytimer KVTT Mineral Wells/1110. He also has an attributable interest in the company that brokers time on Liberman’s regional Mexican KZMP University Park/1540. Broker on the sale of KBXD – Jorgenson Broadcast Brokerage.

Not much of a deal. Seller grosses 600K, take out of that 200K for engineering including a used DX50 Harris transmitter. The killer was 600k$ to Salem for the tower site, plus out of pocket expenses over the past several years. Hard to move six towers and stay close to the original site. This was the only place you could throw your night lobe over Dallas. Jerry`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1490, June 12 at 0455 UT tune-in, one station is atop the graveyard, with YL ID ``KDMO, Carthage-Baxter Springs-Joplin``, and NOStalgic music, so this 1/1 kW U1 station. Baxter Springs is across in Kansas on the opposite side of Joplin from Carthage. KDMO is my closest 1490 in this direxion. I suppose KBIX Muskogee OK is still silent, if that helps (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. UNIDENTIFIED. 1589.89 approx., June 11 at 0610 UT, considerable het from off-frequency station, in fact separable with stronger signal than the 1590.0s --- soft music but it`s just an interlude before 0612 UT resuming talkshow, YL & YL discussing some children`s syndrome. IIRC there was an off-frequency station like this several months ago but I can`t seem to find it by searching IRCA archive or my own.

1589.9, June 12 at 0448 UT, another check into the off-frequency unID here: at tune-in, ad/promo for the ``June 28 tenth anniversary of local Christian TV station, KNLG-TV [?]``, phone in 573 area code; then back to program with clips of vintage Vietnam war coverage. 573 puts it in Missouri, and NRC AM Log shows KDEX, Dexter MO in SE corner, has an AC 573 phone number. But it`s a C&W 620 watt daytimer, and this is the nightmiddle! It turns out that AC 573 also encompasses Rolla and Jefferson City, so never mind KDEX.

Searching Missouri TV listings in W9WI.com, the best fuzzy match on call is KNLJ, a megawatt RF Channel 20 in Jefferson City, which is with Christian Television Network as virtual 25.1. Own website confirms it`s at tenth anniversary: http://www.knlj.tv/ (But there is also a KNLC on RF 14, 900 kW in Saint Louis, also religious as virtual 24.1)

Recheck at 0457 UT June 12, 1589.90 with promo for `Pathway to Victory` show, on Bott Radio Network.com, BRN, 0500 UT Unshackled theme. 1590 in Rolla MO, not too far from Jeff City, has KMOZ, 1000/85 watts U1, with Bott network, Christian, or BRN. So this is definitely KMOZ (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1882, DX LISTENING DIGEST) As in Missouri OZarx?

1589.89, June 14 at 0633 UT, still het from off-frequency station, previously traced to KMOZ, Rolla MO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[Another week with nothing mostly Mexican to report on MW]

Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 16-22, 2017

[over 224,000 views! as of June 22, 2017]

** U S A. 690, June 17 at 0617 UT, long string of Ad Council PSAs, 0619 UT Fox Sports Radio promo for FS1 (TV?), 0620 UT back to ``live`` stupid sports talk on FSR. It`s obviously my nearest, KGGF Coffeyville KS. Own program schedule
    http://kggfradio.com/kggf-am/kggf-am-line-up
    ignores the 12-5 am CT period (when it used to be silent), as well as weekends, but a wide variety of local and network non-sports talkshows elsewhen. I suppose they are just filling in overnight with FSR, rather than 100% now. I need to check it more often (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 880, June 17 at 0624 UT, surprised to find Jim Bohannon here, looping N/S, so must be KRVN Lexington NE, and best on LSB to avoid USB-only KHAC Window Rock AZ cheater, altho it`s close to 90 degrees away. 0628 UT Jimbo break includes an ad/PSA for something in Nebraska. Jimbo website, undated
    http://www.jimbohannonshow.com/station-finder/
    convenient for searching all on one page, includes not a single 880 station, and as always not a single Okie. Does still show 690 KGGF Coffeyville KS, at live time of 9-12 midnight CT, whence he`s been gone for months; out of date!

http://krvn.com has lots of stuff, including, rather than soft-core Babes some stations purvey, Tractor of the Week!
    http://krvn.com/tractor-of-the-week/
    but no plain old program schedule! No hits searching site on Bohannon! (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1883, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060+, June 17 at 0631 UT, praise music in Spanish looping WSW/ENE, and giveaway off-frequency fast SAH on the hi side against any other 1060 stations, i.e. KIJN Farwell TX, 10 kW daytimer, *still cheating*, but that`s OK, since it`s In Jesus` Name. WWJD? Not known to be a broadcaster or DXer (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1080, June 17 at 0607 UT in bandscan on DX-398, NO signal from KRLD Dallas! Not even a carrier. Sometimes it`s weak here at an awkward 400-km distance, but now it`s definitely off. Band is noisy and maybe somewhat auroral, as other clears including CBS stations are barely audible if at all, WBBM 780 and WCCO 830; nor WHAS 840, and 650 at 0621 UT instead of WSM is occupied by Spanish, probably XETNT. Recheck at 0633 UT, now I have an open carrier on 1080 from SSE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, June 17 at 1338 UT, Adèle song from KLEY Wellington KS, finally back on the air after a few weeks` silence; ad for a 401K with an 844 toll-free number; ``from the Wheat Capital of the World [not Enid???], The Wave, 100.3 and 1130``. Still on at 1705 UT recheck, via groundWave (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1883, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1440, June 17 at 0603 UT, ``estamos en todo el mundo en www.lapatrona.com`` and on to music, vs various English talkers --- that should be enough to downpin it; usually dominant SS on 1440 is KTNO The Metroplex, but it`s Christian, surely no such slogan unless a recent flip. But no hits on that website.

OR was it www.lapadrona.com? I don`t think so: that`s an Italian bondage site! Search soon finds station Facebook, which is from: KTUV Little Rock AR, 5000/240 watts U2 and previously `La Mexicana` as in NRC AM Log:
    https://www.facebook.com/La-Patrona-...7504819943372/
    which started about a month ago, and that leads to its correct website, not as I had heard it:
    http://www.radiolapatrona.com

But this site they link to from FB is NOT KTUV, rather a different Patrona, ``la que manda``, implying not bondage but dominance! 88.1, WHPR --- where is that? Certainly not in Arkansas. Has the same grafix design, so obviously related. Here it is in WTFDA Database, apparently no longer only a 44-watt ``power talk`` (ha3) English in Michigan:

[WHPR-FM 88.1 HIGHLAND PARK MI USA 0.044 0.044 32.0 32.0 42-24-29 83-05-30 POWER TALK RADIO OLDIES/TALK] (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1883, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1570, June 21 at 0358 UT, long string of FM translator IDs including some in AR and KS; no doubt it`s Bott network station KBCV, Hollister MO (Springfield address), 5000/3000 U4 whose own translator is K280FP on 103.9 per NRC AM Log --- at the moment atop XERF without really trying (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Mostly Mexican MWDX to Enid OK, June 9-22, 2017

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also HF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

[over 224,000 views! as of June 22, 2017]

[Mostly, NOT, but this contains all my non-domestic MW DX logs. Must get busy with some real XEs]

** BENIN. Benin in on 1566 MW --- From 0353 past 0412 June 21 I had a JBA carrier on 1566 looping about 80 degrees, which fits for TWR`s 100 kW transmitter. Tnx to tip from guys in western Canada (Don Moman, AB and Nick Hall-Patch, BC) who were hearing 1566 before and after 0500 last night (but did not mention Benin explicitly). WRTH says TWR morning schedule is 0315-0545. No other splits audible here in the 1500s. Later, on globe refined the true bearing to 76 degrees; Parakou is slightly north of central Benin. If this carrier is audible in Oklahoma and AB/BC, it may well be heard all over North America; go for it! No audio here but very little doubt this is it: also very close to 1566.00, so unlikely to be any spur (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, and welcome to Summer! 0433 UT June 21 as amended, dxldyg via WORLD OF RADIO 1883, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Thread Information