Thread: Presumed "Radio Vida" 1210 KQTL Tucson, AZ into Kingsport, TN March 12, 2012

Timothy Guest

Default Presumed "Radio Vida" 1210 KQTL Tucson, AZ into Kingsport, TN March 12, 2012

AM reception was crazy due to the auroras on March 11, 12 and 13th. I have not gone through all of my recordings as yet, but here is a good clip of what I believe to be "Radio Vida" on 1210 am from Tucson, AZ - 1645 miles away. It is the only Radio Vida I can find that broadcasts on 1210 kHz. This clip was the morning of the 12th around 9:00am eastern. Was stunned to hear Spanish on 1210 at that time of day so I stuck with it. More to come later.

Bonus clip 1: From a little later that morning is "Hallelujah 1210" WLRO from Baton Rouge, LA (638 miles) after Radio Vida faded. *new log*

Bonus Clip 2: From the night before (March 11th) is 1170 KFAQ Tulsa, OK. (739 miles) crazy strong signal! Never heard them like this before or since!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Impressive clips, all! I've never gotten this Radio Vida, so far as I know. I only have for Arizona stations 660 KTNN Window Rock, and I would like to hear it. I mostly missed these auroral conditions. 9:00 AM and you caught Arizona on AM at that distance! Perhaps someone who knows Spanish can help decipher that web address and some more of what was being said to give you firm confirmation. I did get a new log on the morning of 3/11/12, though: KCBR 1040 Monument, Colorado. I caught it on the way to work that morning

I don't recall having gotten Hallelujah 1210, either. I have pesty KGYN 1210 Guyman, Oklahoma, so that it is not always very easy to get WPHT out of Philadelphia. 1170 KFAQ is a pretty good one too. For me, it is another pest; I would much prefer to get WWVA out of Wheeling, WV more often; I got it in 2010 but not since.

Can anyone remember if Vida did a DX test a few years ago - i think it did, and may have been heard as far away as Ottawa Ontario. But I am not sure. I think I have an audio clip somewhere in my system of what I thought might be them. I am still sorting out old and poorly labelled audio clips and files...

Nice to see the Forums back up!

Saul
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Timothy Guest

Thanks! I have tried and tried for KTNN as well but no luck. Great catch on KCBR. I hear WWVA all the time here at my locale.

Henrik Guest

1210 should be WSBI Static TN in // with WYXE 1130. Ads point in that direction too: www.ideasclic.com, phone "area 600" (=615) 364 8206, and Iglesia de Dios Nashville, www.casadediosusa.net. The slogan is Radio Vida, but the Tucson Radio Vida is formated differently.
    On your second posting, on 760 they just gave the address to "el gigante musical de la Onda de la Alegrķa", a k a Radio Progreso.
    880 with "radionovela" sounds Cuban too.
    73, Henrik (way north, in Sweden).

Timothy Guest

Darn, I knew it was too good to be true! **scratching Arizona off my list!** Thank-you for your help, though! - Tim

Nice catches. KGYN and KFAQ are both 'pests' for me as well. KTNN is a very rare catch even though I am relatively close to its 50kw signal. I think the mountains block it for me.

Anyway, here is my best KTNN clip on a rare recption of it. The language in the clip is mostly Navajo.

John
    ];')
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hammarlund SP-600 JX-37
    Rycom 1307A-GR
    Tecsun PL-380
    Quantum Phaser
    30 ft/10.5 m low-noise vertical in tree.
    27 ft/8 m low noise vertical on 5 ft tripod
    27 ft/8 m low noise vertical on 13 ft/4 m tilt-over crank-up mast
    W1VLF LPF for LF/VLF & DL4YHF SpecLab for NDB's
    DX'ing Videos

Conelrad Guest

Indeed you had Radio Vida in Tucson, AZ albeit the call nowadays is KEVT.

They run 10 kW from a Harris DX-10 transmitter into a three-tower directional array. Several nights this month we were working on the transmitter and were running the non-D tower @ full power for a few minutes.

Best,

Dennis W7TFO
    Signals Radio LLC

Conelrad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kugellager View Post
    Anyway, here is my best KTNN clip on a rare recption of it. The language in the clip is mostly Navajo.
    John
    ];')
    KTNN is an AZ powerhouse, 50 kW. It plays at our home any time of the day. Your reception at that distance is good, considering the ground conductivity our here sucks.

DG

Thread Information