Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOUBLE-HOP! CKUA-93.7 into Kingsport, TN. 1849 miles June 11, 2012 @ 2:01pm EDT

Oh wow, the Montreal GlobalTuners guy shoulda checked DTV for ch 2 (KSNV)!! If the 94.5 was Nevada, I'd say he certainly had a shot to have the first ever double hop DTV.

cd

Timothy Guest

Default QSL card recieved from CKUA-93.7 in Calgary!

Hey everyone. Here is the QSL I got in the mail the other day from CKUA-93.7/Calgary as a result of my 2X Es reception last month. Karen from CKUA told me in an e-mail that their QSL cards are primarily for their 580kHz station and that I am the first person to confirm their reception on FM. However, Pat in San Antonio got them years ago via single hop Es I believe.

Here's the link to their website where they put me on their "Where in the World" page!

http://www.ckua.com?07/05/12/Timothy...4&feedID=10292
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1729.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	995.6 KB 
ID:	12942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1730.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	12943  

Excellent catch Tim!

I've had a few double-hops myself here in southern England, my best year being 2010 when I heard and confirmed IBA 88FM on 87.6, probably from Jerusalem, and an unidentified signal on 88.6 with live prayers from Saudi Arabia, . I have it down as a tentative logging from that country but not confirmed. There was a couple of other unid Middle East stations that popped up over the prayers. On another occasion I had Cyprus on 91.1, and a couple from Turkey. Double-hop is the most exciting kind of FM DX, no doubt about that!

No double-hop this year. The best openings have often happened whilst I was at work this time, and the frequency and intensity of the openings has been down on recent seasons.

Regards,
    Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK

Thread Information