Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/4 2-Hop Red 96.7FM NJ toTrinidad & Tobago

Nick, just to confirm that the path to there was open, I had at the same time, the infamous Venezuelan "Siren" on ch3 for half an hour. It got up to S5 on my Winradio but there was another ch3 that was stronger and VEN couldn't come over it. T&T is just a little bit east of the VE coast, so the path was there for sure.
    Just FYI. Wow were you lucky!
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72 30' W/41 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Awesome catch!
    2010 Honda Fit stock radio.
    Grundig G8 ultralight .

Wow! Something to make this terrible season shine. Congratulations Nick. The recording is quite clear to me even without comparing to the stream. It wasn't too long ago that most of us thought that 2x on FM was impossible or at least highly improbable!

Thanks very much, everyone! Mike...thanks...that makes me feel a lot better about this...I did not realize the Venezuela paths were out there on TV. I wanted to go the DX Sherlock archives and see what 6 meter activity was around at that time, but Sherlock was down a lot of the day and didn't have any data then. Definitely complete luck I was on 96.7...a channel I do not spend all that much time on with IBOC. But, beamed southeast away from Philly, the hash is neutralized a bit, and I just happened to catch a couple stations mixing there and put one of my tuners on it. About 15 minutes before this, I had "Suprema 96" from the DR. I'll try to post some of the other IDs I had from the opening as soon as I can.

Still wish someone from Red would answer my e-mails, but maybe they don't check them very often.

There's always postal mail....! And any QSL would look nicer....

cd

cd, I think I'll try that! Stupid question I know (I'm used to doing "new school" QSLs via e-mail, lol), but what would be good to send to them? Just a letter and a CD of the clip?

^ I think a regular letter with a link in the letter to this very URL should suffice, no? If you're still unsure, yeah I'd say a CD will do. You might have to wait 3-4 weeks, though, for any reply.

BTW, too bad that TTT ch 2 in Trinidad is gone now.....(Last I saw, there was a clip of TTT on YouTube.) You certainly would have caught that too.

cd

AWESOME CATCH! 2X Es to the south Caribbean does exist
    Randy KW4RZ Fort Walton Beach, Florida panhandle EM60

Timothy Guest

Man, that's once in a lifetime stuff there! Congrats! I hope they reply to you- they should! This kind of stuff doesn't happen too often!! But, it is interesting in that this year has sort-of stunk so far as FM Es goes, but there were at least three confirmed 2x Es this season, mine to Calgary, yours to Trinidad & Tobago, and the DXer in New York who logged NM. Just yesterday I got the Venezuelan siren on channel 3 for the first time but I don't know if that counts as an official log in the book.

Thread Information