Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ADS Tech RDX-155 Instant FM Music

I had the 292.1 MHz problem. Unplugging and replugging worked - thanks for posting that as my $1.99 was about to end up in the trash.
    I will give the ADSConfigBeta2 software a try later.

Quote Originally Posted by bnollman View Post
    I had the 292.1 MHz problem. Unplugging and replugging worked - thanks for posting that as my $1.99 was about to end up in the trash.
    I will give the ADSConfigBeta2 software a try later.
    The ADSConfigBeta2 seems to be the most stable software I've found on Windows 7 for this tuner as it doesn't matter which USB port you use. I had it give me the 200Mhz error once before but unplugging and replugging fixed it. Its based on the sample program SiLabs provided to developers to make their own software with. The ADS Instant FM program also seems to be based off this same program since the options menus look similar.
    DX Radios:
    Sony XDR-F1HD
    Sony XDR-S10HDiP
    Tecsun PL-390

Well, you convinced me. For $1.90 ($7.40 total) how can I go wrong. Just ordered one.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72 30' W/41 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Uh oh, I ordered one too. Geeks.com must be wondering why the sudden interest in these
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-CT View Post
    Well, you convinced me. For $1.90 ($7.40 total) how can I go wrong. Just ordered one.
    Lucky guys! my $50 ADS Instant FM is working well on windows 7 with the spunker88's advice!! Thanks!!
    Last edited by Humberto; 01-12-2013 at 10:55 AM.

pjdyer Guest

Well, another USB device will be on the way - more like $6 from Amazon - got one of their USB GPS offerings to make the min for free shipping.

73, Pat - WA5IYX

My order got cancelled with Amazon.com for this item because they ran out. They were ordering the item from Geeks.com and the email from Amazon said they ran out because of an inventory quantity *misquote*. Go figure!!
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

It was probably because Pat and I ordered one Jim. Amazon doesn't say they are out. I got mine today. Reception is pretty decent but not spectacular. The MediaU software that comes with it is worthless as the service expired in 2010. The Instant FM Music software is better, albeit designed for people with good eyes. RDS is fast, I mean realllly fast. I tuned to 96.5 and within half a second, it displayed KLGT-FM (this station has a bogus PI fyi). Other stations that were strong enough showed RDS pretty quick too. I am satisfied with it. Now I need to get an MCX to F connector to put a decent antenna on it (the only drawback).
    Justin W. - Blaine, Minnesota (EN35)
    Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, Subaru Impreza Factory radio with RDS (not stock antenna though), Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
    DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
    DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
    DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
    FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
    TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF on the same mast as the FM antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by SlcDX View Post
    It was probably because Pat and I ordered one Jim. Amazon doesn't say they are out. I got mine today. Reception is pretty decent but not spectacular. The MediaU software that comes with it is worthless as the service expired in 2010. The Instant FM Music software is better, albeit designed for people with good eyes. RDS is fast, I mean realllly fast. I tuned to 96.5 and within half a second, it displayed KLGT-FM (this station has a bogus PI fyi). Other stations that were strong enough showed RDS pretty quick too. I am satisfied with it. Now I need to get an MCX to F connector to put a decent antenna on it (the only drawback).
    The included antenna is terrible. But something to check which helped me get better reception was to connect the antenna's ground to the USB ground. I checked my USB tuner with an ohmmeter and these two grounds were not connected, so I used some aluminum foil around the unit to make a connection (making sure I left the vent holes open). It seemed to help reception for me.
    DX Radios:
    Sony XDR-F1HD
    Sony XDR-S10HDiP
    Tecsun PL-390

I ordered one from Amazon and got it in the mail today. Quick delivery. I'll try it out tomorrow.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72 30' W/41 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Thread Information