Thread: 7/14 Es unID 100.5 "Radio Amigo"

Default 7/14 Es unID 100.5 "Radio Amigo"

May be a lackluster Es season overall, but this is the second occurrence of FM Es in the 1 AM hour local time I've had this year. A recording on 100.5 revealed Reg. Mexican in and out weakly for about 10 minutes from about 0145-0155 (other frequencies were swamped with regional tropo), including for this fairly clear sounding "Radio Amigo" ID, attached. My best guess on this is KRIK Refugio TX, based on where it looked like 6 meters was open to at the time. I had them last year as a country format as "100.5 The Ranch", but previous to that they were Reg. Mexican and I imagine they may have flipped again. Figured someone on here may know for sure. Thanks in advance as always.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Both the WTFDA database and StationIntel show KRIK as Regional Mexican. Neither show a slogan.

The following is taken from the ownership groups's website as linked via StationIntel

CALL SIGNS: KRIK
    FREQUENCY: 100.5
    FORMAT:REGIONAL MEXICAN, BANDA, NORTEÑO, TEJANO, NEWS IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
    COVERAGE:THIS STATION IS LOCATED SOUTH OF HOUSTON IN REFUGIO COUNTY, WE COVER WITH CITY GRADE SIGNAL VICTORIA, BEEVILLE, AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Onkyo T450RDS; 4) Tecsun PL-310;
    Sony XDR-S3; Sony ICF2010; all w/ APS-9B @ 15';
    Sony ICF2010 barefoot w/ whip

This answers your question on whether it is KRIK: http://radiodiscussions.com/smf/inde...topic=235470.0

Thanks, Jon.

Thread Information