Thread: La Diamant, Martinique March 2014 TVDX Unknown CH A2 Audio

Default La Diamant, Martinique March 2014 TVDX Unknown CH A2 Audio

Hello,

I recently enjoyed a holiday (March 2014) on the French Caribbean Island of Martinique staying in the resort of La Diamant which is South of the Islands Capital Fort de France. Whilst there i experimented with tvdx using equipment taken especially for the trip and i was not disappointed as the evenings gave very long hours of dx from 19hrs to well after midnight local time. The tv channel affected was CH A2 whilst some of the audio clips are probably other channels in band 3 which were received no-doubt via tropo with one particular tv channel identified to be DBSTV from the neighbouring Island of St Lucia @ a distance of just 46Km hence is considered being local reception. The various audio clips sent are taken from a WR 3700e using a free sound recorder program but alas untitled as much of the majority of audio recordings are in Spanish and mainly B1. I have other clips and poor quality videos along with photo's but unable for uploading probably due to total file size? The audio files uploaded can be erased by the admins if they feel such a need too.

Equipment:

Realistic 16-9030 B/W tv
    D100 Ivory/grey colored model
    WR 3700e
    1/2w b1 dipole
    7 element b3 antenne
    FTE 1001 VHF/ UHF amplifier
    Moonraker 4m telescopic tripod

Attachment 15157rec0324-040727.mp3Attachment 15163Attachment 15164Attachment 15152Attachment 15153Attachment 15154Attachment 15155Attachment 15156Attachment 15158Attachment 15159Attachment 15160Attachment 15161Attachment 15162rec0324-040910.mp3

Photo of aerial equipment used on the balcony of our holiday complex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0408.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	615.3 KB 
ID:	15167

Allo, comment allez-vous? Why wasn't I invited?

PM me, s'il vous plait!

(By the way, you might be able to upload any videos as an "unlisted" on YouTube----you can invite contacts who will give you their e-mail to take a look. You can comment there, if there are unID's, and those who can view them might help---like me.)

cd

Default Martinique EX

Hi Dave,

What a great DX location...

I've cleaned up the two files I could find in your posting & attached them here...Sounds like a Documentary in Spanish...Have you any more clips?

A Bientot

Cheers

Hugh
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a question----does anyone think that these catches might be F2 or TEP? (Chile, Argentina, etc.) I can't see any reason why not. I wonder how 47.9 & 48.3 MHz on a scanner would have sounded at the same time.

Wow, Martinique......c'est magnifique.

cd

Default TVDX in Martinique

Hi,

Attached a Brazilian audio clip of Dave's also recorded in Martinique.

Also here's a video of the evening video quality...Definetly TEP with its typical unstable video (no audio)

Good DX

Hugh

Thanks to Hugh for the help in cleaning up the audio clips i sent him and also identifying the Brazilian CH A2 audio. As for Martinique being a good spot tvdx i'd say it is but then again no-doubt all around the Caribbean region one would say the same but for closer to home (I'm in France) exotic tvdx it surely must be the Algarve given the distance such signals have to travel? Sadly not this far north of europe

Cheers Hugh
    Last edited by fmtvdxer; 03-31-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Hi Dave,

These three clips of yours are an unidentified soccer game mixing with two women presenting a kind of talent show.Jose EA7KW in Spain kindly listened to them.

If you listen closely there's a delayed game commentary of a second or less behind the main one.

Cheers

Hugh

Thread Information