Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turning to Cuba: More information on Cuba DTV

Hi Raymie. I can easily specify 6 MHz channel spacing with the software of the card, and its functionality is also available in the driver itself, so that is not the reason why it doesn’t detect any digital signals with its original configuration.
    Since Cuba is such a small market I don’t think it will be easy to find a serious DTMB PC TV Card. That would have been extremely easy if the selected standard for Cuba’s digital TV would have been ATSC or DVB-T, for which I already have plenty of PC TV cards. I believe Cuba is ordering this customized boxes, and that is what makes the even more expensive. Luckily they are being sold at our stores at nearly factory prices. Still they are way expensive for Cuban pockets, specially the HD STB ones.
    I live in Habana city and I receive the DTMB digital signal from the Televilla tower by channel 38 all the standard definition programs.

Quote Originally Posted by x2bc4 View Post
    Hi Raymie. I can easily specify 6 MHz channel spacing with the software of the card, and its functionality is also available in the driver itself, so that is not the reason why it doesn’t detect any digital signals with its original configuration.
    Since Cuba is such a small market I don’t think it will be easy to find a serious DTMB PC TV Card. That would have been extremely easy if the selected standard for Cuba’s digital TV would have been ATSC or DVB-T, for which I already have plenty of PC TV cards. I believe Cuba is ordering this customized boxes, and that is what makes the even more expensive. Luckily they are being sold at our stores at nearly factory prices. Still they are way expensive for Cuban pockets, specially the HD STB ones.
    I live in Habana city and I receive the DTMB digital signal from the Televilla tower by channel 38 all the standard definition programs.
    I think ISDB-T would have been a logical standard especially given the amount of equipment from other Latin American countries that would be in use (Nicaragua, Brazil, etc.), but Cuba privileged its relationship with China and got lots of free stuff from China for picking its DTMB standard, so this is what we get.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Hi, There are some usb mini stick for android phones with the chinese standar, than are in the US$40 range price with support for external antenna

BTW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DTMB...691777105.html

And as result there isn’t any full HD TV in our stores with the DTMB tuner included.
    At the beginning of the tests, you could still receive the analog channels in all their original "glory". Right now to put things worst, my tower is using the aired SD digital channels as a source to rebroadcast the analog ones. The only other way to receive the digital channels would be by dish, since most of the channels are there, but here that is a big no no, like a taboo, forbidden.
    My attempts for technical help with LACETEL have been fruitless. For months they have been totally ignoring my emails. To this date I haven’t meet a single person (or heard) of a single success story getting the digital channels via TV card.
    I’m willing to hear any success on this matter and if I can do anything to help you get a STB, please count on me. As the most interested party, I will continue my long quest and I’ll be posting updates if there are any.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberto View Post
    Hi, There are some usb mini stick for android phones with the chinese standar, than are in the US$40 range price with support for external antenna

BTW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DTMB...691777105.html
    If I would have to choose a USB receiver out of the blue I would select an Avermedia AVer3D DMB USB (A852), or a Mygica D268, D681, D682, D689, DF726 among many others.
    But I personally prefer a PCIe one. I have read good reviews about the Mygica X8509, which is equivalent to the Magic-Pro Extreme 2, and linux compatible.
    At the end I have learned the hard way you need a brand with good user support from its maker to help you in this situation. One nameless device isn't going to cut it.

Eric, I'm glad you are here to share information about TV technology in Cuba. We have very few persons from Cuba on this forum. I suppose the Cuban authorities don't monitor their citizens on the use of internet? Do you have internet in your home or do you have to go to a library or internet cafe? Also, we need assistance with information on FM radio in Cuba, mostly to verify radio stations and information about them. I don't suppose that is something you are able to check on?
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 09-20-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Hi Jim. I have come to this forum to get help and also provide it.
    Me, but mostly my father, have been listening to the radio all our lives, so ask anything you want, either public or via PM. I also have an FM RDS receiver. I don’t have internet at home so replies aren’t going to be instantaneous.

Thread Information