Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1564

Thread: OPMA is changing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    Is Cofetel (and the government of México) closed this week in observance of Easter? I received an email from my contact at CONATEL in Tegucigalpa, telling me the Federal offices would be closed all week in observance of the holiday. They will re-open on the 17th. I've been receiving regular updates from them for the FM db and they were telling me it would be a week before they would send any new information.
    Semana Santa (Holy Week) is a common long vacation week in Latin America. The IFT is closed this week as would be most of the federal government. I'm not surprised to hear that they're closed for the week elsewhere, too.

It's an important time of year for tourist activities. I bet there was a lot of traffic on the highways to Acapulco over the weekend.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Just realized I said Cofetel...cough...cough - I think it was caught in my throat and I couldn't get IFT out!

Through the years...SCT, Cofetel, now IFT. What department will they want managing broadcast communications in a couple more years? And I notice in all the transition, it takes them forever to publish public documents. There are some that date back before 2000 that don't have LAT/LONG coord's so don't really know where the antenna is located. They can't all be sitting at city center but that's where it starts on the DB until we have documented proof of where they REALLY are located.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Just realized I said Cofetel...cough...cough - I think it was caught in my throat and I couldn't get IFT out!

Through the years...SCT, Cofetel, now IFT. What department will they want managing broadcast communications in a couple more years? And I notice in all the transition, it takes them forever to publish public documents. There are some that date back before 2000 that don't have LAT/LONG coord's so don't really know where the antenna is located. They can't all be sitting at city center but that's where it starts on the DB until we have documented proof of where they REALLY are located.
    Some of the permits from the final years of the Zedillo presidency (1999, 2000) have correct coordinates.

I suspect the IFT will be around a while, personally. The SCT-Cofetel transfer was actually a fallout of two Constitutional Controversies at the Supreme Court. The first was the result of the Ley Televisa and moved all broadcasting regulation out of the SCT. In the other, César Duarte, who in 2010 became the Governor of Chihuahua, and other deputies promoted a Constitutional Controversy in early 2009, after the president had attempted to take the broadcasting roles from Cofetel and hand them back to the SCT. The SCJN found in favor of Duarte and the deputies.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

One question about Class A FM stations in México. Do Class A's not have to reveal anything about their antenna, such as height or location?

Por ejemplo....
    http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/45236...80905_7333.pdf

That document is a fairly recent document from January 2017 (looks like permit action was in December 2016). That document has nothing about antenna height or location. IIRC, I haven't seen that type of information on any Class A (concesión or permiso). Correct me if I stand to be corrected. I'm lying down flat on the ground in case you hit me very hard :-P
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

One question about Class A FM stations in México. Do Class A's not have to reveal anything about their antenna, such as height or location?

Por ejemplo....
    http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/45236...80905_7333.pdf

That document is a fairly recent document from January 2017 (looks like permit action was in December 2016). That document has nothing about antenna height or location. IIRC, I haven't seen that type of information on any Class A (concesión or permiso). Correct me if I stand to be corrected. I'm lying down flat on the ground in case you hit me very hard :-P
    What seems to happen with new stations is that they get awarded their station class, build their facilities, and then you get the Technical Parameters docs (CARACT_TEC_OP) like we've seen recently with some of the permits awarded years ago (XHMOM, XHTEJ, XHZCM).

That, however, is not a new station — it's a concession transfer for a permit station. That document (and all those in its type) can be safely ignored. The permit usually has more information.

That's basically an allocation. "Coordenadas de referencia de la Población Principal a Servir" -- reference coordinates for the principal community.

The FCC does it a bit differently. They will issue an allocation with reference coordinates, but they won't issue a permit to a specific applicant unless that applicant provides specific technical parameters. They *did* issue permits without specific parameters many (70?) years ago.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    That's basically an allocation. "Coordenadas de referencia de la Población Principal a Servir" -- reference coordinates for the principal community.

The FCC does it a bit differently. They will issue an allocation with reference coordinates, but they won't issue a permit to a specific applicant unless that applicant provides specific technical parameters. They *did* issue permits without specific parameters many (70?) years ago.
    In this case, it's not even that because it's a permit transfer.

*This* is an allocation. It's a new station.

Adrián Pereda López of Radiorama came out today and said definitively that Tecnoradio is not related to his company, denying he had any participation in IFT-4.

Article about the radio stations of the SPR.: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spr r.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	20094

From 2017/04/12 the programming of the following television channels was changed due to the physical channel change:

2.1: XEW-TDT Channel 32
    2.2: XEW-TDT Channel 48 ─ loop: "Sigue con las estrellas".

5.1: XHGC-TDT Channel 31
    5.2: XHGC-TDT Channel 50 ─ loop: "Sigue con el 5".

9.1: XEQ-TDT Channel 22
    9.2: XEQ-TDT Channel 44 ─ loop: "Sigue con gala tv".

There was so little information in that SPR radio article that I ignored it — it was their first official acknowledgement in their monthly publication on it, though.

I actually have some news today. First, I want to get to what may be the dénouement of the Canal 10 La Paz saga. The union head, Patricio Flores Sandoval, was reelected at the SITATYR congress in Puerto Vallarta, two weeks after saying that the union could no longer help Canal 10's former employees.

Unfortunately, I also have to tell you that you have just read the last "Es Mi Opinión" column by Max Rodríguez. Because he was murdered today. Yet another journalist gunned down.

Thread Information