Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1564

Thread: OPMA is changing...

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    Is Cofetel (and the government of México) closed this week in observance of Easter? I received an email from my contact at CONATEL in Tegucigalpa, telling me the Federal offices would be closed all week in observance of the holiday. They will re-open on the 17th. I've been receiving regular updates from them for the FM db and they were telling me it would be a week before they would send any new information.
    Semana Santa (Holy Week) is a common long vacation week in Latin America. The IFT is closed this week as would be most of the federal government. I'm not surprised to hear that they're closed for the week elsewhere, too.

    It's an important time of year for tourist activities. I bet there was a lot of traffic on the highways to Acapulco over the weekend.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Posts
    935

    Default

    Just realized I said Cofetel...cough...cough - I think it was caught in my throat and I couldn't get IFT out!

    Through the years...SCT, Cofetel, now IFT. What department will they want managing broadcast communications in a couple more years? And I notice in all the transition, it takes them forever to publish public documents. There are some that date back before 2000 that don't have LAT/LONG coord's so don't really know where the antenna is located. They can't all be sitting at city center but that's where it starts on the DB until we have documented proof of where they REALLY are located.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

    Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    Just realized I said Cofetel...cough...cough - I think it was caught in my throat and I couldn't get IFT out!

    Through the years...SCT, Cofetel, now IFT. What department will they want managing broadcast communications in a couple more years? And I notice in all the transition, it takes them forever to publish public documents. There are some that date back before 2000 that don't have LAT/LONG coord's so don't really know where the antenna is located. They can't all be sitting at city center but that's where it starts on the DB until we have documented proof of where they REALLY are located.
    Some of the permits from the final years of the Zedillo presidency (1999, 2000) have correct coordinates.

    I suspect the IFT will be around a while, personally. The SCT-Cofetel transfer was actually a fallout of two Constitutional Controversies at the Supreme Court. The first was the result of the Ley Televisa and moved all broadcasting regulation out of the SCT. In the other, César Duarte, who in 2010 became the Governor of Chihuahua, and other deputies promoted a Constitutional Controversy in early 2009, after the president had attempted to take the broadcasting roles from Cofetel and hand them back to the SCT. The SCJN found in favor of Duarte and the deputies.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Posts
    935

    Default

    One question about Class A FM stations in México. Do Class A's not have to reveal anything about their antenna, such as height or location?

    Por ejemplo....
    http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/45236...80905_7333.pdf

    That document is a fairly recent document from January 2017 (looks like permit action was in December 2016). That document has nothing about antenna height or location. IIRC, I haven't seen that type of information on any Class A (concesión or permiso). Correct me if I stand to be corrected. I'm lying down flat on the ground in case you hit me very hard :-P
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

    Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    One question about Class A FM stations in México. Do Class A's not have to reveal anything about their antenna, such as height or location?

    Por ejemplo....
    http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/45236...80905_7333.pdf

    That document is a fairly recent document from January 2017 (looks like permit action was in December 2016). That document has nothing about antenna height or location. IIRC, I haven't seen that type of information on any Class A (concesión or permiso). Correct me if I stand to be corrected. I'm lying down flat on the ground in case you hit me very hard :-P
    What seems to happen with new stations is that they get awarded their station class, build their facilities, and then you get the Technical Parameters docs (CARACT_TEC_OP) like we've seen recently with some of the permits awarded years ago (XHMOM, XHTEJ, XHZCM).

    That, however, is not a new station — it's a concession transfer for a permit station. That document (and all those in its type) can be safely ignored. The permit usually has more information.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    That's basically an allocation. "Coordenadas de referencia de la Población Principal a Servir" -- reference coordinates for the principal community.

    The FCC does it a bit differently. They will issue an allocation with reference coordinates, but they won't issue a permit to a specific applicant unless that applicant provides specific technical parameters. They *did* issue permits without specific parameters many (70?) years ago.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    That's basically an allocation. "Coordenadas de referencia de la Población Principal a Servir" -- reference coordinates for the principal community.

    The FCC does it a bit differently. They will issue an allocation with reference coordinates, but they won't issue a permit to a specific applicant unless that applicant provides specific technical parameters. They *did* issue permits without specific parameters many (70?) years ago.
    In this case, it's not even that because it's a permit transfer.

    *This* is an allocation. It's a new station.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Adrián Pereda López of Radiorama came out today and said definitively that Tecnoradio is not related to his company, denying he had any participation in IFT-4.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    DF
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Article about the radio stations of the SPR.: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spr r.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	20094



    From 2017/04/12 the programming of the following television channels was changed due to the physical channel change:

    2.1: XEW-TDT Channel 32
    2.2: XEW-TDT Channel 48 ─ loop: "Sigue con las estrellas".

    5.1: XHGC-TDT Channel 31
    5.2: XHGC-TDT Channel 50 ─ loop: "Sigue con el 5".

    9.1: XEQ-TDT Channel 22
    9.2: XEQ-TDT Channel 44 ─ loop: "Sigue con gala tv".

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    There was so little information in that SPR radio article that I ignored it — it was their first official acknowledgement in their monthly publication on it, though.

    I actually have some news today. First, I want to get to what may be the dénouement of the Canal 10 La Paz saga. The union head, Patricio Flores Sandoval, was reelected at the SITATYR congress in Puerto Vallarta, two weeks after saying that the union could no longer help Canal 10's former employees.

    Unfortunately, I also have to tell you that you have just read the last "Es Mi Opinión" column by Max Rodríguez. Because he was murdered today. Yet another journalist gunned down.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

    Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •